Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The best of all, Daniel Negreanu, the guy is awesome, besides being a great player, he's charismatic, and with an insane reading of his opponents.

I would like to meet him personally and ask him when he comes to Curitiba to eat a chicken coxinha.

Ps: For those who don't know chicken coxinha, it's a fried salty, typical of some parts of brazil.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
For me the best of all is
my friend Cesar better known as @Gritz18 :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
A joke
Seriously, for me the best of all time is undoubtedly Doyle Brundson.
Today I really like my compatriot Nacho Barbero and Tom Dwan. This one for me is a killer at the tables. A rarely seen coldness to play.
For the charismatic Daniel Negreanu without a doubt.
For the titles achieved and because he puts on a show and they say he is a great person Phil Hellmuth
Also Maria Lampropulous my compatriot I really like how he plays
My regards, brother:):):)

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I do not have and "poker idol", but i love to see Negreanu playng

DandyWarhol

DandyWarhol

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not an idol, but as a player, I really look up to Seidel. The guy has been at the top of the food chain for 30+ years!

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is good saying: "Don't have created yourself an idol!" I very like this saying! Because I have my own path, as in Poker, so and in Life!

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Doyle Brunson RIP. Was a Legend in the Poker World Nicknamed The Godfather of Poker, So much admired and so good at the game they named a hand after him, and every time I get dealt 10/2 I think great Dolly Brunson, then immediately fold, because I am not Doyle Brunson and never will be that good.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Too many to list. Mostly all old greats thou. A few.....
1) Helmuth. The greatest Holdem Tourney player of all time and it's barely even close. And no I don't care if you don't like him your tears make me smile. Besides there's many stories of Phil being one of the nicest guys away from the table to meet.
2) Ivey. Great cash player maybe not so much now but likely could still be one of the best at cash if he choose to be. And that glare/stare I swear can see right into guys souls.
3) Scotty Nguyen. Would love to have Scotty's chat game/mind game at the table and he's very entertaining.

Honorable mention to Brunson(RIP), Ungar(RIP) there primes were before my time. Phil Galfond for most recent. He's the only guy who legit seems like a smart, very knowledgeable and decent guy outside of poker and at the table.

Cheers!!!

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The biggest poker idol can vary depending on personal preferences and the era of poker you're referring to. However, some players are widely regarded as legendary figures and have had a significant impact on the game of poker. Here are a few notable players who have gained widespread admiration:

1. Doyle Brunson: Known as "Texas Dolly," Doyle Brunson is a two-time World Series of Poker (WSOP) Main Event champion and has been a prominent figure in the poker world for decades. His book "Super/System" is considered a classic and has influenced many aspiring players.
  2. Phil Ivey: Phil Ivey is regarded as one of the most talented and successful poker players of all time. With ten WSOP bracelets and numerous high-stakes tournament wins, Ivey's exceptional skills and strategic prowess have earned him widespread respect.
  3. Daniel Negreanu: Daniel Negreanu, known as "Kid Poker," has an engaging personality and an impressive tournament record. He is known for his ability to read opponents and provide entertaining commentary. Negreanu has won multiple WSOP bracelets and has been a prominent ambassador for the game.
  4. Phil Hellmuth: Phil Hellmuth is notorious for his record-breaking 15 WSOP bracelets and his charismatic and often polarizing personality at the poker table. Despite his occasional controversial behavior, Hellmuth's tournament success and longevity in the game have made him a recognizable figure.
  5. Stu Ungar: Stu Ungar is considered one of the greatest natural talents in poker history. He won the WSOP Main Event three times but battled with personal struggles off the felt. Ungar's extraordinary skills and tragic story have made him an iconic figure in the poker world.
It's worth noting that there are numerous other exceptional players who have left their mark on the game, and individual preferences may vary. The poker community has a rich history of talented and influential players who have contributed to the growth and popularity of the game.

drinker

drinker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Who is your biggest poker idol?
I really like Negreano and you guys???
............ I have no idols and never had them. I just try to play poker and enjoy the game. In order to have fun, you don't need an idol, at least I don't need one :)

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
After much contemplation and personal debate, I believe I'm going to have to go w/Tom Dwan. He's on that level that just makes you wanna cry he's so damn good. I've been watching him play for over 15 years and he's still the best player at the table, imo.
I still have my old school favs like Ted Forest, Layne Flack, J.J. Liu, and Eric Seidel but Tom is the guy everyone fears and wants to watch play.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Only one is not enough. The are a lot of poker beasts.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
idol none, but I like very much Daniel Negreanu:)

Kerasuss28

Kerasuss28

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NL
Chips
Phil Helmuth is the best 👍

23maxim88

23maxim88

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I like Negreanu. He skillfully reads opponents' cards, he is cheerful, and he has great charisma.

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have no idols either in poker or in life.

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Kazachenka Dzmitry - not very famous, but very strong player from Belarus