Who is your biggest idol in poker?

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no idols in poker or anywhere else! but there are a lot of players that I like for different reasons! for example, Anatoly Filatov, for the positive that is constantly coming from him, it is always nice to watch him play!

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If i need to choose one this would be Doyle Brunson. To be able to play so many years (in fact decades) at highest level and to still be able to play high stakes at his age is something which deserves pure respect.

Douglas Gonzaga

Douglas Gonzaga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like Andre Akkari's style of play.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gus Hansen - I read his book "Every Hand Revealed" and started to make a profit at MTT :)

PelyaMX

PelyaMX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't have idols.. especialy in poker but I like the way playing Steve O'Dwyer.
In Live tournaments poker he's incredible !!

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It has no idols, idols for me is synonym of idiot. I believe that people should not regard people as gods because we are all the same.

Tamik228

Tamik228

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel Negreanu is a cool, top and most positive poker player. And who do you prefer?
I also want to climb to the top of poker and conquer the whole world, you will soon know my name.

K

karlus185

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel Negreanu and taben Andre Aakkari, are my biggest idols

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really enjoy watching Ivey play. Chip Reese was also a favorite.

maezma

maezma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I admire Daniel Negreanu way of playing a lot. For me he has a unique style of play.

LoveGamblin00

LoveGamblin00

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tom Durrr Dwan is my favorite, if I need to choose.
He just have an awesome poker face.
And of-course the 2-7off vs Sammy which he told he had before hand was epic in my opinion!

J

jofieloviedo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fedor holz

My biggest poker idol is fedor holz I just saw him on tv and I remember that I thought something like wooow he is such an amazing guy and an amazing poker player, besides that he is young and he inspires me to play poker and feel like I can achieve my poker goals and improve my game.

OTB redbaron is probably the best poker player right now and of course he is an inspiration but to be honest I've never seen him playing so I could not say if he is my idol.

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daniel Negraenu and Phil Ivey.

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My biggest poker idol is fedor holz I just saw him on tv and I remember that I thought something like wooow he is such an amazing guy and an amazing poker player, besides that he is young and he inspires me to play poker and feel like I can achieve my poker goals and improve my game.

OTB redbaron is probably the best poker player right now and of course he is an inspiration but to be honest I've never seen him playing so I could not say if he is my idol.
Fedor Holz plays modern poker. It is a pity now he plays not so often and there is no opportunity to watch his game.

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stu Ungar! Idol in poker but not in lifestyle. I think he was bored with the world and wasted himself away.

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no idols, but I like to watch the games of such players as Phil Ivey, Daniel Negreanu, Fedor Holz, etc. These are real professionals, the best of the best, thanks to them I feel that my game is constantly evolving and improving.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I've seen good players in a certain tournament ... but then they do not appear anymore ... or they are not constant in the final stages of the most important tournaments worldwide ... however, I think there are very few who manage to be always at that level ... Daniel Negreanu is one of them ... beyond his achievements I like him a lot as he explains his movements in some tutorial videos that I've seen ...!

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Recently I have been amazed at the understanding of the game Stephen Chidwick. His non-standard actions made me look at my game differently. I advise everyone to look at his actions in order to understand current trends in poker. For the near future, he is №1 in poker for me.