who likes omaha??

C

coljung

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've recently started playing way more Omaha than Holdem, maybe because i noticed that my ITM % in Omaha is much higher than in NLH.

Once you learn it and get a good understanding of it, playing the low stakes SnGs can be very profitable, as most players there don't really know it well or like someone else mentioned here, they joined by mistake.

Y

youzeaflea22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never liked Hi Lo because I hate to share. And when you are chasing a hand you can get caught in the middle of a betting frenzy.

C

cexandmoney

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like omaha in fact i like all the games. limit holdem is at the very bottom and no limit holdem is just above it. but one thing is certain you will have to play omaha in horse.

L

lewis010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like omaha in fact i like all the games. limit holdem is at the very bottom and no limit holdem is just above it. but one thing is certain you will have to play omaha in horse.

yeah thats the bad thing of horse events... actually i try to fold every omaha hand and its funny because after omaha part in the most cases i recover my chips in razz and stud... im not a big fan of limit holdem, for that reason i also didnt play so many hands,however i will try to understand more this tough game.....

RickH2005

RickH2005

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope! Don't care for Omaha too much!

I friggin' HATE Omaha! Last time I was there, we damn near got blown away by a TORNADO!! An' Nebraska has NO mountains!! Its so flat you can see forever with nothing to look at! But as far as citys go, I really didn't care for it to much---Now, NEW ORLEANS!! THERE'S a CITY!:p

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i will do these simple question to everybody because in my personal opinion i hate very much omaha... its an imposible game, with lot of luck involved and with lots of callers in all the hands.
in all the horse freerolls tournaments i have played, in the omaha time of playing i always try to fold, however there are some times in whick i decide to enter in the pot, with very good combinations but all the time when i hit something good like a straight or a flush my opponents have a better combination (higher straight and higher flush, full house, etc)
so my question is who likes omaha and who hate it ( like me lol) and tell me the reasons...

I love Omaha, it and horse are my favorite games. Unlike holdem it is a lot easier to get the nuts or tell when you need to get out of a hand. In your horse tourneys you can also play for the low end with cards like A 2 3 and another random low card because not only do you have a chance at the low pot but also the straight. In Omaha tourneys just be very patient and try to get in on the minimum. Unless you have pocket Kings or Aces, or at least 3 faces and at least one suited pair, dont get in on a pot or half pot preflop raise. In other words play very tight until you get a decent amount of chips or it is getting late in the tournaments because then people are looking for the best hands as well as the donkeys that are just calling with any random cards and getting lucky will not be around anymore.:cool:

iMaGiN.

iMaGiN.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer Omaha hi/lo to just Hi. Low seems to give me a much greater challenge, and is a huge money making game, especially if in a game with a bunch of fish.

qwerrk

qwerrk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love Omaha, it and horse are my favorite games. Unlike holdem it is a lot easier to get the nuts or tell when you need to get out of a hand. In your horse tourneys you can also play for the low end with cards like A 2 3 and another random low card because not only do you have a chance at the low pot but also the straight. In Omaha tourneys just be very patient and try to get in on the minimum. Unless you have pocket Kings or Aces, or at least 3 faces and at least one suited pair, dont get in on a pot or half pot preflop raise. In other words play very tight until you get a decent amount of chips or it is getting late in the tournaments because then people are looking for the best hands as well as the donkeys that are just calling with any random cards and getting lucky will not be around anymore.:cool:
Excellent assessment; I agree 100% though OH H/L preferred over OH H. In the limit FRs, it usually takes until about half the field is out before play settles down to "normal". If you have been suitably judicious in your hand selection, you should have a decent stack going into the 2nd half of the tourney at which point I often shift to somewhat tighter play.

D

David Pisch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
omaha hi is very good. if you play real money, you have to go to 1/2$ blinds or higher.there aren't so many donk who call everything and get lucky^^

C

coljung

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unless you have pocket Kings or Aces,

Actually having Aces or Kings in Omaha isnt as good as in Holdem. I rather play a hand like J10Q9 than having a pair of AA. They get cracked so easy in Omaha.

Maybe that's the reason why many new players lose money in omaha, because they overplay their top pairs after the flop, when they have lost most of their value. Against 2 players u r most probably behind. And at the low stakes you can almost always tell when players have a big pair so its easier to crack them.

I

Igor30

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really started to like this game.I finished 10th yesterday on FreerollArmy tournament on FT.Prize was $0.50,maybe my bank roll will be raised in a few weeks thanking to Omaha