Who invented poker ?

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker history

The card game "poker" was brought to America by the French colonists, who first settled the territory of Louisiana, and then up the Missouri River and the whole country. Poker in its final name was first mentioned in 1829 in the memoirs of an English actor Joe Cowell who traveled across America. In 1834, poker began to play a deck of 52 cards. In 1858, it was first mentioned about these memoirs in a collection of card games, but it talks about poker as an old game. The closest interest in poker manifested itself during the Civil War, when soldiers of both warring parties played with might and main.:stupido::stupido::stupido:

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Yes ! The answer is lost in the darkness of the ages ! And there is hardly an answer to it ! Probably everything happened gradually . Rules of the game and cards in the deck were added and changed .

L

lezghin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker .. like many other card games yu r invented in ancient times .. I think that the first card games appeared in Indo-China .. it is quite possible that in Persia, Egypt .. in one word in ancient civilizations .. the modern kind of poker .. .here it’s hard to say it seems to me in England .. they’re a master at such games and competitions ... and there are a great many card games .. there are dozens of types of poker

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker evolved like most card games and Texas Holdem evolved from poker. The term poker in Europe is used to mean four of a kind. I hear poker here a lot when playing when someone has 4 of a kind. "I have Poker".

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I had heard many stories about how poker was born ... but until today I was not sure ... However, thanks to those people who invented it ... today we enjoyed a wonderful game ...!

B

BasTid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker McPokerFace, I believe he was the second cousin to Boaty.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hey
I didn't invent it for sure.
I guess it came from Wuhan:D;):) j/k.
But it surely is viral.:cool:

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It is not invented, it is has evolved during human history. The oldest cards ever found in Greece, Crete island at Zakros palace, of Minoan empire. Minoan Empire is at least from 3-4th millenium B.C.! Then we find card games in China, and the French discover a card game in Egypt, simillar to today poker. It did not have the Qween and the Ace. It had three kings. The King, the regent, and the "deputy" King. Then French replace the regent with the Qween. After the French revolution the Ace is added, so that not to be the king the higher card, because of Democracy appearence. Also the different "races" spades, hards, diamonds and clubs have a different value. Then this game goes to America and become poker with the simplest rules we know, without the races values!

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

very interesting
never researched this subject
will start as of today
rgds

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I wonder who invented poker
when did he appear
the name poker is in what language
Kenzie did, he was sitting on the bank of a river fishing with Methuselah when he came up with the first known example of poker.

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really interesting thread.
I guess if you ask poker players,who invented poker,
90% of them will say,i don't know like me.
Interesting things about poker :D

L

lolshovaments

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't want the fame but... I invented. :D

Now talking seriously, a lot of ppl say the game was created in China, some others say it was a French game. Three Card Brag was a brittish game. And tournament poker started in late 60s USA. As we can see, poker is the best example of how diversity works very well.

Diversity is the key? Maybe the reason for this game to be so good and perfect.

K

KEVILIPO12

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker

I don't want the fame but... I invented. :D

Now talking seriously, a lot of ppl say the game was created in China, some others say it was a French game. Three Card Brag was a brittish game. And tournament poker started in late 60s USA. As we can see, poker is the best example of how diversity works very well.

Diversity is the key? Maybe the reason for this game to be so good and perfect.