When did you start playing Texas Holdem?

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing poker at a young age about 8-9 yrs old. Different variations like 5 card draw-7 stud-midnight baseball-Follow the Q...Not too much of high low but straight up $1-$5 bets/games with options of side pots and things like that.
But Holdem itself Id say around 03' 04'.
:D Super Unaware of poker at that time and how it was to be played :rolleyes:

R

rugby0

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played my first poker hand at nine with my fathers poker group. Texas hold-um was one of the games played. Only it was called kansas up. This was in 1944. so I guess i have been playing for 68 years.

Eminescu99

Eminescu99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing poker on Facebook .After a while I made an account on PokerStars.In December this year I am 3 years when playing poker. :D

BadB420

BadB420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I learned poker a long time ago. My dad taught me Five Card draw when I was very little so I played that most of my child hood! Always fun finding Five card draw games online to jump into as I usually always do well in them!

My transition to NLHE was because of Poker after Dark, It use to come on at 2 am and I would always stay up to watch it even if I would be tired for school in the mornings. Not long after I started playing online a little bit and learned a lot in a short period of time! Some people really dont realize how different the competition is now as to how it was then!

I played a good bit never doing anything serious with it just playing a little bit every day until black friday came and I did not play for awhile! Around late 2013 I started playing a little bit on facebook and eventually found myself back in the game!

BTW, I really like this thread. A lot of interesting stories! Gl to all and best of luck on the felts!

wanderingthehall

wanderingthehall

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a little handheld video poker game I played as a kid. I didn't play any real poker until I was 22 though. I'm 28 now. It's been fun.

WeenieSVK

WeenieSVK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
man it wasnt that long time ago. It had been like 2 or 2,5 years ago.

zarzar78

zarzar78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing poker for 18 years with 5 card draw in the first 5 years then my first hand of texas holdem was 12 years ago and it was on pacific poker with their hyper losse players, then it was a hard move to pokerstars and party poker.
Have make some money from tournaments play with my best shot of 1600$ in party poker

M

Mrjamesbond1977

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing poker back in 2007 my first site was absolute poker.

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2006. I was invited to a small NLHE tournament: I read Phil Hellmuth's book the day before the game. I won, and I was hooked.

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I started around April 2013. I had seen some wsop coverage during the Moneymaker boom and was very intrigued, but I was too busy at the time to do anything beyond piddle around with play money on FTP for a few minutes. I didn't pay much attention beyond that, but I would always pick up copies of poker newsletters in stands whenever I saw them.

I remember stumbling onto the 2012 WSOP ME videos on Youtube last year and was instantly hooked again, so I started doing research on OLP sites and most of what I read was bad. Complaints like rigged software, disappearing bankrolls, various and sundry problems with getting money off of the sites, you name it. There was a particular thread on CC that I kept coming back to that rationally debunked many of the complaints, and since Carbon still had Funsteps + public MTT freerolls at the time I decided to create accounts on both here and Carbon and dive in.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I don't remember the exact date, but it was in the mid ninety's, I started playing 5 card draw with family when I was bout 7, I am 51 now.

sosy79

sosy79

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing poker in 2009!first playing 5 cards draw!Nice game HOLD EM!

Last edited:
jtholdm

jtholdm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing

I started playing when I was 30 I am now 53 I am still learning every day:)

X

xRedhood

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every day for the last 10 years. And Im only 24. Practice is all you can do to stay on top of your game, study, and grind!

A

adnen1985

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing poker 2007 my first site is pokerstars

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started to play may 5 years ago, it was not serious.. played purely for fun

but will learn the game, only a year ago (read the forum, the use of statistics and watch VODs)

R

RealChaser74

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing about 3 years ago. I missed the boom and since my choices for live are not that much I have been learning playing online

NickFurlano

NickFurlano

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
23 now started when i was 12 playing small games online and watching on tv. around 13 or 14 is when i started playing for playmoney online and won my first real money tourney on pokerstars for $900 when i was 15

M

mihai_aa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
back in 2007.. i plyed exclusivilly texas holdem

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I got my first account at party poker in 2003 after Moneymaker won.

A

adnen1985

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing poker back in 2007 my first site was pokerstars my best shot 86$.

Staneff

Staneff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing poker in facebook before like 3-4 years ago.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
started back around 2004, still learning every day

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules