When did you realize you were hooked on poker?

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
I got addicted when I first learned Texas holdem. Regular 7 card and stud was ok but found holdem fascinating. Tried a couple games online and loved it. Have been playing for about 15 years.

D

directlyworded

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not really hooked on poker. I am looking to get back in to playing casually to take up some of my time.

I USED to be incredibly addicted back in the days of pacific poker, Paradise, etc.

I am getting back in to it, but I am definitely going to keep it casual.

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the beginning of poker

I was seriously into poker when I once participated in a tournament in real poker. I liked the very friendly atmosphere at the gaming table, the opportunity to meet new people and communicate with them. Get a lot of new useful and necessary information for me from unfamiliar, competent people. Fortunately for me, I was lucky several times then and I took second place. I was very happy. This strengthened my desire to further study and comprehend the subtleties of this beautiful peaceful game. What I continue to do to this day, because the desire for a perfect perfect game is infinite, like the philosophy of the game process itself.:burnout::burnout::burnout:

maksonios

maksonios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I realized that my pouch is empty lol.

P

Pulsar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to poker, that is called "love at first sight" as he began to play - and sucked, as in the pool with his head! It's only unrequited until hope just yet and in the future will be mutual!:)

W

who115

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I started playing on pokerstars. It was fun and I placed in my first tournament!!:burnout:

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it interesting because it gets my grey cells working :p I guess its when I realized it does that :)

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I was taking personnel time earned off from work. Figured this might not be a good thing for me. After some years later, was just a new hobby that motivated me to get better. No harm, no foul, same job but less time at the table.

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't say I'm "hooked" on poker. With a pretty hectic full time job and a family, I don't get to play nearly as much as I'd like. I would say that I have a strong passion for poker. I can blame my current employer because they use poker as a training tool for traders and they hold an annual free roll poker tournament with a top prize of $15,000. So, it's easy to get interested in poker when you work there. Also, I met my wife at my company and she has a strong interest in poker, too. Nowadays, I usually play maybe a dozen times a year, but I'm always learning and I've had some decent success.

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I realized I was hooked on poker at the age of 16

My uncle let me play a small $2.20 buyin tournament on PokerStars (before BLACK FRIDAY)

This was my first ever poker tournament and online experience, I played poker with friends before in someone's mother's basement, but this was a whole another experience

I finished 8th in that tournament on PokerStars. That's when I realized Poker is life

G

Goonsquad1217

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I love playing but I don't know about addicted to it.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I learned there was a game that you could win money from. xD

kolyasik77777

kolyasik77777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I started playing every night after work. Instead of doing other things. When not play a few days - begins the withdrawal.

Q

Queev14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think since i was a child. But I really started play it regular since im 22 years old. I studied first and got a job. I see poker just as a hobby

25thinfantryman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
after my first game in iraq i played 3 back to back 9 players 20.00 cash

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I hadn't played in over a year and a half, then I placed 3rd in a live STT.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've sold my dinner and gone hungry to play.
Brought stacks of rare baseball cards to buy in
I used to go to home games just to watch
traveled 4 hours and took a boat into international waters just to cash in a 20$ coupon in the hopes to triple it on table games.
ALL on a hope to play poker for 60$ buy in
I'm a JUNKIE
I got stories for days

oh yeah i'm still in denial btw

jappchop

jappchop

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got hooked the first time I scooped a big pot

C

curiplop

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I knew it when I realized that I preferred to stay studying and watching poker videos instead of going out with my friends, I also do it but privilege to play and study

A

althernatea

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I realize that i hooked too it when i finded i palyed every night.

ReoRekop

ReoRekop

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

when I started trying to convince my friends to play poker i guess

W

west28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when I saw making money so easy playing cash game. Everything started it at a home tournament then playin live cash game. Making 16000 pesos in one night seem very good here in Tijuana even tho, I had to put them on my shoe while catching a taxi.

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not hooked. still playing and testing BRM. so far fair... not loosing but not a biggie. lol.

U

underdog140

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The moment I played my first hand.

I always liked cards and gambling so it was instant hook line and sinker.

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got hooked on poker when I won my first free tournament, and then on the same day I increased my amount by 3 times and on the same day I lost everything to zero, and then I made a few more deposits and lost them to zero and now I have the desire to win back all my money, and then start earning