When you play , do you think yourself the best player at the table??

S

seghill

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NO
But being not the best is an advantage - good players have style and easy to identify so you know where you are.
it's always the poor players who come up with the most ridiculous calls and are most dangerous early in the game.
In the latter stages mainly good players remain and so you can work out how to play them with good hands - just like landing fish.

messer21

messer21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to believe me like the player who has every chance of losing, because that motivates me to push myself and show that I can win or defeat the "best".

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I suppose at some stage in our poker careers we all feel pretty good about who we are. This is when it can go pear shaped. Inflated egos always get put in their place.
I find there is an area of play in most mtts when one finds themselves feeling unstoppable. It a great feeling, none more so than in League Play.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to go to the table with some degree of confidence.
As for thinking you're the best at the table, only time will tell as the hands are played out.

AlyLauren

AlyLauren

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to focus on the game might as well try to notice your opponents action for it might help you to identify their first move.

Roman Romanov

Roman Romanov

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course yes when in addition lucky, but there are serious players sit down, which in my opinion can fight back.

I

I2jr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never think I'm the best, I think that would be the greatest arrogance and arrogance of a player to believe that it is better than all, but the statistics show that he is the best player, even a player makes great the good game and above All humility before everything and everyone, I would never think that I can be the best player at a table

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think of myself as the best at the table, I treat everyone like they have it ...unless i have notes that say otherwise.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to be an idiot to think that. Always need to fear any enemy, even the weakest.

maikl2602KML

maikl2602KML

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never think I'm the best player at the table in poker, it all depends on my playing position and starting hands.

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not very often, but I have on occasion when I can and have read most players at the table and can win by the way they represent their hands and react to mine. But not very often.

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe in the free tables, where it is very easy to win (or come close to winning) the tournaments.

V

Vonick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you have this illusion then you soon loose all your money!

M

mikey481968

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
u can be the greatest ever at a table play the cards as they lay u cant get good reads on fishes cause u never know when they have a hand

M

mikey481968

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i am learning to check my bet and let the others bet first all the way to the river and when i am first to act if i got a strong hand bam ill riase it alot worked last week ................

M

mac1223

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never, because you can never underestimate anything. The term of committed does not exist to me, most people go all in playing online when stacks are low but you rather cut the loss to play more hands with what you have, that's if you capped yourself for the day at a certain amount.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Given that luck plays a large role in the game, I don't even think in terms of where I stand on the skill scale. I try to watch and adjust to other players, but the long and short of it is: if you are picking great starting hands, you can play more aggressively, if not, you must wait for a good opportunity. Who is best is irrelevant....who can take advantage of situations that arise, will eventually do well.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think about it. Maybe cause I am not that good, have generally broke even at the tables live over the past 10 years. And lost roughly 8k online.

Consequently, I may sing a different tune when I have a bankroll built up from playing vs. my job funding this obsession :)

bizarez

bizarez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not consider myself to be the best at the table, rather worse. But I aspire to be better than others.:eek:

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
No , I don't think I 'm the best player at the table , quite the opposite ,I tend to believe I 'm below average and I have a lot of respect for my villains , even for the donks :D

C

crdalchemy93

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
At the table? Why so modest? I can read souls, I'm the best in the world.

Fernanda37

Fernanda37

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider myself a strong player, but be the strongest is often arrogance :p

1HotPepperIV

1HotPepperIV

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What was I thinking?

I am not arrogant enough to be the best cause beats happen no matter what ones level. The only thing I have control over is my starting hand and knowing the best startng hands and the best strategys. Winning is a inside job but it's preparation to play not who I am that works for me. I also like to shut off chat and keep the statics up instead to keep track of where I am all the time. Preperation with consistency seems to work well for me.
Higher stakes tournaments doesn't change the way I play, I just don't let the dollar or chip count sque my play. Play the basics and I believe the percentage will win out providing the cards that got me this far in the first place.