When you lose in poker, what do you do to adjust?

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens. First you win, then are a series of defeats. It seems that you play at your usual level, in the usual style, but there are no victories. And then you think something is wrong with you. But nothing is wrong with you. It's just poker. Today, on a flat spot flew lost of the tournament in 40 place. It's a shame for me. I was in the big blind, the villain limp from the small blind. The flop came out 7.10, K. I have the arm of K3o. My stack was small, so I made all-in. And the villain had 710o.

K

kened2112

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:( Many times I find it hard to adapt and I just get frustrated and play worse because of the anger, what happens to me

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is part of poker, i analyze if i made a mistake,, and going forward.

cazual88

cazual88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I go to sleep :) I never do something special after a lose. More often I play at night time therefore I have nothing to do except to go sleep. If I did not complete my poker plan I just go to next tournament or cash table. It is impossible to win always therefore I do not dissapoint in bad moments.

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will go back to free rolls and minimum stakes, until i can bounce back.

P

Pokersavvy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're talking high stakes, take a break.

If it's just micro, try and try again...

Suck it up, that's poker.
Try to have patience...

Good Luck!!!

Sent from my SM-G935P using CardsChat mobile app

Andymac37

Andymac37

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everytime I bust I always review the hand or hands that cost me most or sometimes the hands we're I could of won more. A lot of the time I bust wen I'm flipping with someone and time and time again I say I'm not doing that again unless I have A♠A♦ but every game is different there is a big difference in ppls shoving range depending on stack and blind size so sometimes you A♠J♣ is a definite call against a short stack or some fish who shoves every ace they get. I have learned a lot from looking back at my play and seeing what I could do different.Learn from your mistakes. Or stay behind.

Z

ZARGA123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good Morning!

Start by setting a loss-limit,when you have lost a certain amount up to you to fix it according to the existing bankroll, you end the session so you should leave the table after losing 3 buy-ins as mentionned by Dani-California.
If your play is solid enough and that you have had some Bad beats cooler or any kind of Varian ce as emphasized by AshK44 just Relax and do something else this is not your day or you picked the wrong players or Tables.Discipline and Patience are the keys for a successfull player and for your case the best advise would be Setting a loss-limit which will be and essential part of managing your Poker sessions and your bankroll,play limits where you can afford to lose and if you play good and lose 3 to 4 buy-ins just admit it This is Not your Day go to something else or play some freerolls or play money no need to lose more.

[You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win. ]

[/Zig Ziglar]

D

deeggr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that in such cases it is more correct to make a short break for 1-2 days in order to "restart yourself" and continue playing without remembering about the unsuccessful day

andrew0211

andrew0211

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as you can be bothered, when on the final table you have the top set against the junior set and here it is - the epic river - 1 strike for the opponent! I just turn off the computer

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are two types of failures. These are losing sessions and losing streaks, and these and others are even among the most experienced poker players.
It is important to make the right decisions every time, every minute. And then there will be victories.

T

TheWiseWeasel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Close/change the table,stay chill for a while,who know you may even need a redeposit :))

Nikka18

Nikka18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I lose alot. So I get accustomed to losing. I find its really hard to win a poke game. Tournaments in talking about

SprMnd

SprMnd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to play when I am in good mood always stay calm knowing that it is just a game. So I reccomend you do not take it personally.

vinokyrov oo

vinokyrov oo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
such as control of the game but there is sometimes dominated by the excitement of Iza is a lot merges, do you think that in the evening to recoup but no further merges

T

Toti83

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Eu analisaria novamente o jogo e como cartas para ver onde eu errei para tentar não cometer o mesmo erro.

G

globetrott3r

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get depressed.. But then I try to change my mindset and try again.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Correct myself! I try not to repeat old mistakes! DEJAVU, that comes again and again, disgusting!

A

asalco94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I let go a few days without playing, to think about the mistakes I made, and see how I solve it.

Djmickre

Djmickre

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just close the game and need to calm down.