When are you a poker pro?

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello Cards Chat Grinders,

What makes a poker professional?
What is the difference between a everyday grinder that is a winning player and an actual poker professional? Is that what makes you a poker professional being a frequent winning player? Somebody set the record straight. Good Luck

Good Luck To All:cool:

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am glad you asked that question because it cause me to reflect and think critically. I would like to be a professional player in the future.

A professional poker player is one who plays regularly at the highest levels of the game, has recorded some success and is recognized by other professionals in the field. One who is engaged in strict bankroll management, a wide skill set and is playing profitably.

Of course this is my take on it. Check out some poker sites and what they say on becoming a professional poker player:

888poker

espn

I would like to retire and play poker professionally. By the looks of things, it may be online!

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it is very simple - if you play poker as a job and earn the money for living from it then you are poker pro. If your main income source is other than poker you are recreational player even if you are good and won some money.