When will poker die?

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like any card game poker will not die...

Y

Yoda_Priest_X_Napo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on what die actually means, some people claim that Poker will be dead when nobody can make the dream of changing your life through it a reality, i hope that is far away from happening because i am commited to Poker :D. So in the other sense, seaizin to exist, well what can i say i think people still play Counter Strike 2 or Dota 1.......so

Jane Franklin

Jane Franklin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that poker will be more popular in future than now. I think now its a crisis time. Its naturally to grow after the crisis.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I've been playing off and on for 60 years. Started when I was 12 playing for match sticks against my Great-uncle. For the last 13 years I've played every day, most of the time 10 to 12 hours a day at multi tables. I'm a micro grinder. No telling how many millions of hands I've played.
Now Wagon, you're a man after my own heart. In your seventies, grinding all day. Amazing. I'm 66 and find I tire quicker than I used to. How do you maintain your stamina..mentally and physically?

Ragequit

Ragequit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Total respect for you both Gentlemen. Keeping it real!

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now Wagon, you're a man after my own heart. In your seventies, grinding all day. Amazing. I'm 66 and find I tire quicker than I used to. How do you maintain your stamina..mentally and physically?

Having no other life helps.:). I just love the game! I have no family other than my Nephew and his family. . Also, the LITTLE bit of income helps. Some days I just play one table at a time if I'm tired. Good luck in your games.

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think people will always play some form of poker. Maybe online poker might die one day, at least for the USA, but I think people will still play live.

HK_47

HK_47

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean I kind of think poker definitely "died" in a sense on black Friday, obviously not all of it but still hard to think of anything that could come closer to that word.

kittykittykat

kittykittykat

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It will never die. It's past down from one generation to the next. My dad taught me poker, I taught my kids. Saturday night games a family tradition.

guccipix

guccipix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it will maintain relative popularity in our lifetimes

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker in the U.S. survived the end of the Military draft & Black Friday, degenerate gamblers will not be denied.

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hear that poker is dying since 2009, always spoken by the same guys. Only that happens year and year goes by and these guys so lining more and more heavy.

This is a ploy to discourage more pros in the pool ... keep studing keep grinding that never before in the history of the WORLD poker has been so visualized and easy to access,I believe that it is and evolved.

K

kceow2981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's a good question. I feel like with the emergence of AI and machine learning, poker will become more and more of a solved game (Texas Hold Em specifically). That's how I feel, it may or may not be true. However I feel like the complexity involved with PLO is enough to keep it incredibly new, fresh, and unsolved for quite a lot time. Like I feel like PLO will have enough of a metagame that can evolve constantly over time, and I feel like Hold 'Em doesn't have nearly as much room to develop like that. It'll get a little more stale.

Tony Vayer

Tony Vayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker will be alive as long as there is humanity.

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The pokerboom is well over but poker seens steady for now, i dont think there will ever be another boom with u.s site restrictions but who knows. Ill continue to play for aslong as i still enjoy.:p

C

cj2327

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That depends on whether or not it can ever be "solved" by a computer. If it can, it will not survive much longer - it might hold on like blackjack has, but it will stop being competitive at the highest levels. If not, it will live much longer, maybe hundreds of years, before it evolves into something unrecognizable. In either case I expect it to be around for my entire lifetime, at least.

M

m1tec

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker will not die anytime soon. There are still people hoping to making it big like the pros.

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He never dies. It will be transformed according to the present. Before was only living. Now there is also online. Soon still any will.