When to walk away?

cdidit622

cdidit622

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As I like to play live cash games ( some live home games) I come across one problem which is when do you get up and say I won enough? Of course when you loss it all its easy ( well not really easy) to get up and leave but when you are up how do you determine you have won enough before you make the mistake that I have many times and lose most or all back? I don't want to be known as that player that wins a big pot and leave , and also I love playing poker. I just want to know what guidelines I should follow when face with this situation again.

nc_royals

nc_royals

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the first thing is to recognize the difference between running good and being at a table that's weak and beatable.

If its a hot streak I think you should stay during the heater but realize when your luck has seemed to turn and be able to walk away still well on the plus side.

If its a weak table then I think you should be ready to put in some long hours or at least while there is still money and fish at the table. For instance I only play once or twice a year live... So if I sit down you definately want to be there to reep the benefits. LOL

Goodluck

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My thoughts:

- Are you getting tired? Making mental mistakes, or your mind wandering?
- Are you 300% up from your buy-in or more (and not within the first 1/2 hour or within a round or two of a big pot)?
- Have you been drinking and are really starting to feel it?
- (no kidding) Is your bladder about to burst because you have been sitting for three straight hours?

OK... so the last one - just get up and go to the bathroom. The others - I would consider packing it in.