When violence is justified

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I actually only skimmed the 1st post, cause I have had problems with violence in the past, and it has negatively influenced a certain portion of my life. Since it is a problem I struggle with, I immediately say "Violence in poker or anything is usually wrong" (it is) since I believe it is and people with anger and violence issues can ruin their own lives as well as those of others.

Upon re reading OP - due to some responses here - I believe he is saying something else. Not saying "Violence is justified" - bad title choice is more the issue here - but ranting about things in his life.

OP, if you really ARE saying "I am gonna punch her teeth in next time I see her" please correct me. But good luck with your lifes targets. (And may they be non skin-and-bone....lol) Believe in yourself and just laugh at people who judge too quick. They are the ones that lead sad lives.

nc_royals

nc_royals

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are offended when people consider you an idiot or a joke..... Yet you have no problem referring to this woman as a stupid stuck up bitch.

Lighten up and quit thinking so much of yourself.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
[/I]You do realize she was only trying to get in your pants, don't you?
^^^This
Trying to explain something to someone who won't 'get it' is a waste of time. Why care what they think anyways?

^^^and this.

Just have confidence in yourself and your game will be fine.
As for the title of this thread, I do not believe violence is ever justified unless if it is self defense.

tusabes

tusabes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why feel the need to be "validated" by anyone? A person who is a pro poker player or telling people he/she is going pro will be looked upon as a missfit.
Giving weight to other peoples opinions good or bad and allowing them to "infuriate" is proof of the infuriated not understanding.
“You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one.”
John Wooden

R

recoveryagent

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i too look to nature for the right and wrong in life.like a pack of dogs after a female in season we too see that in our society. the fitest wins.but to say that all animals think of theirselves is wrong many types have communities and pecking orders.just as tree leaves in the fall leave the trees we too die and depart this earth in a spirtual sense. but yet as we procreate our tree lives on like the spring leaves on the tree.i beleive in the great circle of life and that we are created in his image.when the acron drops from the tree and hits the ground its up to nature to see which one gets a start. from squirrels to ants and other rodents the acron had many obsticales to make it to a sapling,other weeds, trees and groundcover may yet choke it out.but the stong will survive.its pretty obivous that you have low self esteem. its easy to lay back and say ole poor pitfull me.when all your friends look down upon you and belittle you then maybe they arent friends at all. most people that do engage in conversation by nature wants to be as well learned as the next. if you have a chip on your shoulder though it may seem personel.you must be intellagent seeing as u graduated university and its wonderfull that u did it playing poker but theres more to life then worring about what others think.when you make such boast there will allways be someone to downplay it.you lessen your previous jobs to deadend jobs but you must have went into them with failure allready in the cards.everyone likes to let off steam every so often and it can happen anywhere anytime in any situation.just as road rage happens so does poker rage.i know of no one that it has not effected including myself.i dont condone violance but nature is full of it as is humanity. good luck with your goals

S

stg1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, regardless of your problems, I think your attitude is poor, first off for bragging, then for not being able to handle the situation. If you're going to blame this on Aspergers (sorry if spelling not correct), then you should refrain from getting into this kind of negative discussion until you improve your social skills..
I personally dont like the bragging or the undertones of violence, if we felt like being violent every time we met someone stupid, the world would be chaos.

What serious pre or good amateur would say "I'm going to be a millionaire from poker" and not expect some form of derision. Yes I do agree that people who do not know poker wouldnt think it possible, my mother in law looks down her nose when i say ive been playing poker, like I'm going to make her daughter and grandchildren homeless, but you have to rise above it, not react with aggressive words or violence...

Thats just my opinion, If you make a million, good on you.

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, regardless of your problems, I think your attitude is poor, first off for bragging, then for not being able to handle the situation.

What serious pre or good amateur would say "I'm going to be a millionaire from poker" and not expect some form of derision.

Ditto