when should you drop down in levels using bankroll management?

2huskys

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best micro stakes nl holdem game to build bankroll?

Best micro stakes nl holdem game to build a roll quickly and consistently?

Variance in tourneys is big but bigger pay off.

micro cash games playing abc poker, multi tabling aswell sounds good you need to be consistently good and not make mistakes long term to keep results though?

sit n gos are also very variancy and high rake.

heads up sit n gos which is what im personally doing atm because players are so weak you can win nearly everyone of them except to suck outs which happens a lot and the rake is about 10%

opinions?

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play what you like. Poker is suppose to be fun, just enjoy yourself. Chances are, you would do better playing something you like more.

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really enjoy HU poker, and you can always sence a weak player really fast, however i have never been to fond of SNG's bc the suck out factor, but im tryin to get over it :p

M

mikejm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play what you like. Poker is suppose to be fun, just enjoy yourself. Chances are, you would do better playing something you like more.
this is good your probably not planning on being a pro so just do what you enjoy. I like playing cash games because you can jump in at anytime and play for as long as you want. no matter what you do the best advice I can give you is to get a tracker it helps your game tremendously.

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
For SNG you need 50 BI's to be in the comfort zone, IF you're a winning player. 60+ if you're not.

I'm assuming you're not, so I'll say that you need at least 60.

If you have $60 and you need 60 buy ins, what level do you think you should play? It's basic math man.

For cash tables (ie. 1c/2c, or 2NL) if you buy in for 100BB's, that is $2 for each buy in. If you want 50 buy ins, how much money do you think you need in your bankroll to be within proper BR management rules?

Why is this so difficult for you??

If you drop below your 50 buy in limit, either drop down in stakes, re-deposit, or start learning how to win.

If you are a losing player, it does not matter how well you know BRM. You're just going to go broke slower. Stop focusing on this subject and start focusing on how to win.

Stop asking this same, very basic question in multiple threads. Do some thinking for yourself. Use a calculator if necessary.

If you feel you are not getting the answer you are looking for, ask again in the same thread that you posed your origional question, don't keep starting new threads about it.

And please, for the love of god, use paragraphs, capitalization and proper punctuation in your posts!!!

(To the mods: If I overstepped my bounds, I apologize, but this guy is really starting to chapp my ass)

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My other two questions are not the same but similar and related to bankroll management this question differs from them. no one has actually given a response which fully answers this question yet; they are giving their opinions on what level they think I should be playing and shouldnt be playing giving the example figure in the question ($60) which isnt my bankroll. I want to know how many buyins you should have to play with i.e. on top of the initial 20 buyins required by ferguson. no one has given a straightforward answer such as 10, 20, 30 etc

I just noticed this.

Question for ya 2huskys: Why in the F does it matter? If that is not your BR why is it so important to know a specific answer???

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are turly trying to build a BR, i suggest going this route. It is not a fast way to build, but if u are a solid player u will win, bc this SNG is super soft.

PLay 25+5c Sat to the daily dollar Top 2 get 1 T$ and 3d gets a quarter back. Better than notihing.

IF you get a bigger bank roll (for micro stakes standards)
Then you can move up to 70+10c sngs to the BLT
This game top 3 get paid 2.20 T$

These games are soft and many people do not play them well, just some ideas GL to you :D

2huskys

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is irrelavent if it is my bankroll or not and the answer I am looking for will be universal and constant no matter what size the bankroll is. i was using the $60 to better describe what i want to know which is how many buyins should you have to actually play with for the level you are rolled at i.e. 60 is only like 4 buyins before you need to drop down from $2 hu sngs which isnt en.how many is enuf?

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Re-read posts #3, 11 and 30. There's your answer.

Last edited:
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I merged all 4 threads - one is enough and all questions could have been answered in one.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow, it takes a lot to get the answer across to you eh? Here is about as blunt as it can get.

SnG's: 50 buy-ins, no less
Cash: 30 buy-ins, no less
MTT's:100 buy-ins, no less
HUSnG's: 50 buy-ins, no less

Take it or leave it.
/thread

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow, it takes a lot to get the answer across to you eh? Here is about as blunt as it can get.

SnG's: 200 buy-ins, no less
Cash: 200 buy-ins, no less
MTT's:200 buy-ins, no less
HUSnG's: 200 buy-ins, no less

Take it or leave it.
/thread

FYP

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Haha, yea, that would cover every aspect of BRM for sure, so OP might as well just do that, thanks marg.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management