When sample size converge into reads

BLieve

BLieve

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When we look at the stats V$IP and PFR we can usually get a read on a villain after 25 to 50 hands. Of course that read becomes more reliable with more hands tracked. I used to label players after 50 hands or so based on these 2 stats but lately I am starting to think that is not a good idea. Instead of trying to categorize players like I used to, I am now expanding by decisions by including the following stats.

3bet PF
Fold to 3bet
Cold call
Fold To Cbet

The problem is everytime I sit down for a session I have no hands on about half the table. And even if I do have their Fold To CBet stat its usually along the lines of 2/5 or 3/4. So for the stat heads out there, what are some reasonable sample sizes for these stats? Hopefully we can come up with a nice list here so if anyone wants a stat to be included, just reply and I will post it up here. (BTW I did a search with no results if there is a thread like this already I apologize)

Taking a wild stab I will venture to say the following number of hands are required to base any type of decision on.

3Bet PF - 50 hands or so. I would stay away from a 2/67 and get it in vs 8/45
Fold to 3Bet - About 10 hands.
Cold call - Not gonna even attempt this one
Fold to Cbet - 25 hands

G

gopnik885

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
can you explain what does mean Cold call???

BLieve

BLieve

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Calling (but not raising) when faced with more than one bet in a single action.
If one opponent bets, and another raises, and you call, you have cold called.