When The River Becomes an Atomic Bomb!

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The card that would scare me the most at the table would be to see the joker come out on the turn lol lol lol

F

fraggy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
definetl the turn ! Im like always , ok flop sucks atm with my cards. lets call the turn. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the turn sucks more for me so i fold with a turn killing my stake

D

discintildeath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that if you are fearing a card you may be playing improperly because if you are playing +ev moves you can expect to get bad beats and still profit or make it through the tournament/day without being destroyed.

AMTF1988

AMTF1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never realised how much difference the river card made until I started playing Omaha... The number of times my nut flush has been rivered by a full house is sickening

P

pokgirl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not a big deal if an unfavorable card comes on the river, or anywhere on the board. It's going to happen, it's part of the game.

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are cards I prefer not to see on the river but not anything that is that bothersome.

Marcos mats

Marcos mats

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When we get nuts on the flop yet the river can change everything! The river is the card of truth!
We are together!
😎👊

cracker

cracker

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The deal is the worst. Any hand I get can be beat. I never get the nuts on the deal.

almaihotz

almaihotz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
most of the time i'm all in until river so it doesnt matter so much last cards i took the decision and dont expect miracle to improve my hand .i only fear about turn is the card who make me fold or continue the hand :cool:

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alarming scary flop and river...

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably the river because it's the last card. If you start with a strong hand (let's say KK) and an ace comes on the flop, there's always hope for another K on the turn or river....if that ace comes on the river, it leaves that sick feeling in the pit of your stomach.

C

CHAVIKI

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not the river

I believe it's not the river the risk, is your type of game, you know when a hand is strong enough to win or not, do you know wich y the strongest cards in poker?, is it possible that your opponents to get a poker, color, straight? if there's no color and you have a traight look if you have the highest color card, else you can loose, it's all to know the game , opportunities and know if you can risk it or not

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cards don't fall in your favor every time. You have to expect they will be against you some times. Then again, they could fall in your favor, too.

Oliver Wayne

Oliver Wayne

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flop

Of course, it's a flop.
Especially when you have two aces, and on the flop there is pair of two, or another low-grade pair. Or there are all cards of the same suit when you haven't any card of this suit.
Flop - three cards, triple risk.