Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
When I play poker, I try to be as focused on the game as possible, because concentration directly affects the result. I play in my room, and my family never distracts me.

L

LOOPY

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to isolate myself when playing online poker, I've mistakenly clicked the fold button too many times while distracted.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have no one to stop me from playing poker. So I'm free to play.

I

ICU1234

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Evening

I find that I play more in the evening right after my partner goes to sleep. And Saturdays. I'll jump on a cash table every so often because I can play a few hands and go. Does piss a few off that I hit and run.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I play at night on weekdays or all day long on weekends.

When I play poker, I always try to focus on my game.

If I want to do something else, I don't start any table, until I finish what I'm doing.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play at night so that nothing distracts from the session

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I notice a lot of times that I often play when there are distractions, or mentally I'm just not ready for a session and often end up with poor results. Lately I've been playing less but make sure that I have the time and the distractions are at a minimum. What do you do to get ready for your session? Do you have any rituals? How do you know when you're ready to sit down and play your best game?

I read your message and decided to answer, since quite recently I had a similar situation when playing poker. Day after day playing poker, I began to notice that from a game that brings me pleasure, poker has become a daily routine. In order not to be bored, I began to be distracted by watching movies, reading websites. All this had a very serious effect on the quality of my game, I began to easily fall into tilt. Realizing this, I took a break for rest. During my vacation I didn't think about the game at all, until one day I realized that I missed poker. The first game brought a lot of pleasure, I was not distracted by anything, and even after losing a little money I was absolutely not upset. After analyzing everything, I developed a few rules for myself:
1) I need to have a good meal 2 hours before the session.
2) Go to the toilet before the start of the game.
3) Rest at least an hour before starting the game.
4) Assess my condition, can I play a full session?
5) Determine the threshold of lost money, after which I exit the game.
These simple rules have changed my game and my profit per game. I hope you find something useful from my experience.

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is always the case for me. I get bored and start playing up to 4 tables at the same time. I lose on one table and get frustrated. It ends up affecting my other tables for a very bad result. My best days are when I focus only on 1 table. Thank you for the reminder.

speper

speper

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play in the room to answer the conversation and movement in the house because this bothers me and detracts from focus

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Daily meditation helps me a lot. Through meditation, I am calm, focused and patient, and this directly affects my results.

M

MistyBlueNL

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Distractions

I've been playing poker for many years, I started off really good, then I started playing with players in , all in rooms. Now I am trying to remember what I was like before that, and I remember I always repeated in my mind, " slow and steady wins the race ". No distractions just focus on patients. Wish me luck

Z

zerika

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Almost everyday after work or, sometimes between (like just 1 table de s&g) ...I think like a terappy/meditation to concetrate in other things

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I notice a lot of times that I often play when there are distractions, or mentally I'm just not ready for a session and often end up with poor results. Lately I've been playing less but make sure that I have the time and the distractions are at a minimum. What do you do to get ready for your session? Do you have any rituals? How do you know when you're ready to sit down and play your best game?

I understand what you're saying. For me I have basically 2 things I do. Before I play i evaluate myself and life around me. Am i tired, distracted, or just in a bad mood or just not feeling it. I don't play. If things are hectic around my home, IE wife is distracting me of I need to help the kids with homework or do paperwork or if there is just a game, I might be interested in. I don't play. Heck, if is just feel tired or sick i don't play. Why? Its not worth it. 2nd thing I do is I meditate before playing. Clearing my mind is very beneficial.

Hi.
Daily meditation helps me a lot. Through meditation, I am calm, focused and patient, and this directly affects my results.

Lena, you could be my twin with this post. Same here. Meditation is incredibly helpful. I wanted to say something in the chat the last week but was not sure I should. Stay safe and be careful out there. Knowing what happening around you all I can do is hope and play you and your family as safe. Here is to peace for you soon.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I understand what you're saying. For me I have basically 2 things I do. Before I play i evaluate myself and life around me. Am i tired, distracted, or just in a bad mood or just not feeling it. I don't play. If things are hectic around my home, IE wife is distracting me of I need to help the kids with homework or do paperwork or if there is just a game, I might be interested in. I don't play. Heck, if is just feel tired or sick i don't play. Why? Its not worth it. 2nd thing I do is I meditate before playing. Clearing my mind is very beneficial.

Lena, you could be my twin with this post. Same here. Meditation is incredibly helpful. I wanted to say something in the chat the last week but was not sure I should. Stay safe and be careful out there. Knowing what happening around you all I can do is hope and play you and your family as safe. Here is to peace for you soon.

Thank you for your support. I'm sure we will win.

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's a great question! I was looking at it in a different way than you.

I looked at it as when to play others, so I'll answer that aspect first.

For cash games, I've found that the absolute best time to play, is late on Friday, and Saturday nights. That's when all the party goers, etc. have been out getting drunk, (or whatever), come home, and want to hand out the rest of their money.

For tournament, I look for value, and that's usually on a Sunday.

For your specific question, I try to make sure that my daily chores are done, so that they're not on mine mind's to do list.

Also, I'll try to rid myself of distractions like tv, eating, or anything else that can create distractions.

It's easy to say, though, because if you get involved in a long tournament, and you're still a long way away from cashing, distractions can find it easy to work their way in.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
My A game, huh? In the best state I could be, yeah?

Slightly drunk, music in my ears, every chore done, no appointments or telephone calls looming in the air, no responsibilities or annoying grievances ... I'm convinced I could play at master level if I could maintain this serenity for longer than an hour.

darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like to smoke before the session, put an headphone and feel like I'm inside the game out of the reality

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
any time of the day when the house is empty and no work to do

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Desire to play, free time and lack of distractions.

Mhammadkhalil

Mhammadkhalil

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Anytime you like there is hundred of freeroll tournament