When to move up ?????????

ZackK19

ZackK19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I need someone to verify this.I play mostly Omaha Hi/Lo.I play mostly 3-5 ,30 hand sessions a day.I don't have alot of time to grind like most people.I make about 25 big blinds not big bets/per 30 hands .I win atleast 75-80 percent of my showdowns.I started a two weeks ago like I said earlier in my post weeks ago.I feel like I'm crushing the game.I know when to put my money in when not to.When to raise ,when to limp.I have really succeed at omaha hi/lo as a matter of fact.I will probably end up stop playing NLHE evently and soley play Hi/lo varitaion and games like Horse.I'm making more and crushing more in Hi/lo and it to the point now I have been playing two weeks I see the same people alot at the cash tables.I wouldn't put it past me if they had HUD or so on.I don't use poker software.Alot of them now won't play against me or sit out when I join a table.I still get action from some newbie occasionly.However I'm thinking I may need to move up a level.That brings me to my question If I'm making 25Big Blinds/every 30.When is the right time to move up? How much will be enough?

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol, you are running like an absolute god and in no way shape or form is that winrate or W$SD sustainable. The fact that your W$SD is so high simply confirms that you are running hotter than the sun. 2 weeks @ ~100 hands/day is like 1.5k hands. You can run super hot/super cold for >10k hands so 1.5k hands is absolutely nothing.

If you move up too quickly coz you are running hot you run the risk of going busto once you stop running so hot at higher stakes than when you were running hot. Keep your ego in check, as "crushing" a game over 1.5k hands or so means absolutely nothing - so move up slow once you have a better idea of how well you do in the games. The variance in omaha H/L is absolutely killer, and if you keep playing it you will definitely have periods where you are losing at the rate you are now winning.

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
30 hand sessions? You play like 1 table for 30-40 minutes?

What level of PLO HL are you playing, I'm guessing $0.01 - $0.02 blinds?

Anyways ... ya you're running hot but who cares just play your game. It's time to move up when your bankroll management requirements say you have plenty of buy-ins to make a splash at the next level. Period.

S

sharpone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
set goals

I think that everone is different and should move up at different rates its all up to the goals you set. Really depends on your bankroll. I personally like to move up anytime i get a 200% of my by in. Again everything is different strokes for different folks so set your goal where you want it and stick to, gots to have discipline.:D