When, if you ever, would you fold to a 4bet PF?

N

nameless1537

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are there any circumstances that you would fold to a 4bet? Historically, if I feel comfortable enough to 3bet (like with a high pocket pair or AK/AQ), then I would almost never fold to a 4bet PF.

But if I ever intend to bluff with a 3bet or 3bet on decent hands but not the best hands... I’d want to have a game plan in mind for a 4bet in the rare event that someone raises me on my 3bet.

Some circumstances that I can dream of so far: early on in a tourney and blinds are small and some maniac wants me to go all-in on a coin flip... or playing on the bubble of a satellite tourney (which I’m never playing anyway... I don’t have time to play in any major scheduled tourney anyway). I don’t know about whether I can ever anticipate someone having me beat unless I am playing against a nit and I assume he’s 4betting with AA or KK and I know I’m beat.

I also think about impact on table image if I fold to a 4bet. Would it make my future 3bets look weak?

C

ChicoRSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don`t see ur point... The play is played... it depends on all attributes envolved.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are times when you 4 bet and get re-raised that will make you take a second look at the bet and surrounding circumstances. Personally there isn't a problem for me to fold if it makes sense. Some hands look great to play strong with the table dynamics. That is until you have to look at someone telling you differently.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you don't have a 3 bet / fold range you aren't 3 betting enough. Against any solid player you should be folding AQ facing a 4 bet, especially a cold 4 bet. If you're against a super aggro V you may have to widen defending ranges but in general people aren't 4 betting AJ- or JJ-. So if they have AQ+, QQ+ your AQ is smoked don't call just not to look weak. I can't remember the last table I've been at where I felt like I was getting 4 bet too much because I 3 bet then folded. I also have a 3 bet range that's much wider than AQ.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Generally the call range for a 4bet is very narrow, it could include top pairs such as AA KK and QQ. Taking this into account, you could expand it by thinking of a board that can give you fairness to the call from the preflop. For example the high connectors of the same AK stick; AQ; KQ And I think it's there.
That is to say that you should represent this rank when you play the call of a 4bet.
In case you want to continue to 4bet, the other possibility is to push all your chips into the well.
This second option should be considered if your call compromises a significant proportion of your stack.
Most of the time a 5bet implies a direct all in, in case you decide to continue with your hand.
This is in general terms, but all this can be changed if you know your opponent's game (if it is aggressive, tight, etc.)
It is also important the positions that are played in the hand, since if the villain makes you 4bet from EP, you should limit the ranges to the maximum possible, since their resubidas represent a lot of strength.
Greetings.

I

Index12

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you don't have a 3 bet / fold range you aren't 3 betting enough. Against any solid player you should be folding AQ facing a 4 bet, especially a cold 4 bet. If you're against a super aggro V you may have to widen defending ranges but in general people aren't 4 betting AJ- or JJ-. So if they have AQ+, QQ+ your AQ is smoked don't call just not to look weak. I can't remember the last table I've been at where I felt like I was getting 4 bet too much because I 3 bet then folded. I also have a 3 bet range that's much wider than AQ.
I’m in agreement here. Unless I have high pocket pairs(10+) then it’s generally an easy fold for me. Of course if it seems like he’s betting a wider range then usual then I might call with random broadway stuff like AJ off.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when I play and bet 3 bets or 4 bets and the players after my bets raise more bets or play all-in, then I have two decisions or see the flop or fold because other players may have cards older than my AA KK what I say is that if you raise the bets, then only on normal senior or double cards so that you have confidence and more chances to win!

Folding in Poker