Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
For me, it is when you neglect your normal life, that is, family, friends, work and etc.
It doesn't matter if you're making money, if you can't balance your life with poker...you shouldn't play...you'll end up broke.

romerim

romerim

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gambling addiction can occur when a person feels that they are financially ruined and can only solve their problems by gambling what little they have in an attempt to obtain a large sum of money. Unfortunately, this almost always leads to a cycle where the gambler feels they must recoup their losses, and the cycle continues until the person is forced to seek rehabilitation and treatment to break their habit.

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you keep losing and cannot stop.

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you get your first 2 cards:lol:

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Dependence appears when money appears in the cash register.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What you wrote by itself determines poker addiction. I would even say that when poker takes all your thoughts and haunts you, it's just like an addict finding a dose.

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think poker becomes addictive when you play at a loss and without any control,

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
According to my point of view, addiction occurs when you do not stop playing so you lose a lot of money, many hours playing and making bad decisions in life, such as being away from your family, your partner, your loved ones.
It is an addiction when you start playing with money you can not afford to loose.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think poker become an addiction when start to affect your "real" life, like you don't spend quality time with your family anymore or miss days of work to stay at home playing poker.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
According to my point of view, addiction occurs when you do not stop playing so you lose a lot of money, many hours playing and making bad decisions in life, such as being away from your family, your partner, your loved ones.
Addiction occurs when there is no discipline, it is obvious.
Players who lack discipline and patience usually play bingo and not poker. If such a player is lucky enough to win money once or several times, then in the future he will try to repeat this success, but this will only lead to losses and disappointment. It is these losses and disappointments that will encourage the player to play more and raise the stakes. In this way, addiction is formed and arises.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I understand that addiction starts when you start losing a lot of money generating debt.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, poker becomes an addiction when you can't control the length of your game session!!!

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Addiction occurs in amateur players when they focus only on money. The desire to make money can lead to losses, mistakes, tilt and as a result players lose control over the game and over themselves.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe that when it hurts you and you're still there hallucinated to play.

staytrue001

staytrue001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker becomes an addiction exactly at the moment when you stop controlling yourself, give free rein to emotions and play without discipline

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
You are addicted because you don't like and don't know how to lose, but it happens to you all the time. The second type of poker addiction is the thirst to win. In pros, these feelings come from certain personality traits that all successful players share to some degree. Improve your skills every day, every minute, always. Then maybe one day you will be seen as a landmark in a rough poker sea.The key factor that determines how deeply you depend on poker is how you feel when you win. When you win, your self-esteem increases, you feel intellectually superior to your opponents, and you feel satisfied with what is happening.Once in a downswing, you can easily switch to secondary goals and thus more easily survive an unpleasant poker period. And after a good rest, you can return to the table with new strength and energy. Therefore, do not immerse yourself in poker completely. When it becomes the only major asset, it can turn into an Achilles' heel. Find reserves in yourself to remove strong emotions at the gaming table.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think that when you postpone all your activities just to have time to play or when you just do it without thinking about money

J

James2023

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Mental addictions are just patterns our brain forms. If an addiction is good for your cognitive ability and prevents you from losing your memory then I would consider it a helpful tool and encourage people to play everyday. Just play for free and if you win anything thats a plus and if you lose you will never have lost any of your own personal money. I wouldn't recommend putting money online not unless your sports betting... at least you have a chance.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
If you play poker every day, but you miss a day, and because of that you feel bad, you have a sense of loss, then I think we are already talking about addiction.
Especially if you play the same tournament every day, but miss one day because you have other things to do.