MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I believe that a professional player is a player who earns a living by playing. For a professional poker player, this is a job. For me, poker is a hobby, so I consider myself a professional beginner. :D

T

tamara822

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess that will be when I can make a living from poker. I think I'm a good player but I still have to learn. And when I make enough money from poker and buy a house, a car and travel the world, then I will be considered a successful player. ;)

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be a professional, you don't necessarily have to play the biggest tournaments.
There are millionaires who can play tournaments of 5k, and 10k without problems, but that does not mean that they are professionals, they are recreational players, who have the money to play such tournaments.

A professional may be someone who is playing poker full time, 8 hours a day, like a normal job, and poker earns an income to pay for living expenses.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that you can consider yourself a professional only when you win a lot in the series in championships in tournaments or in cash games and you win a lot and take prizes many times!

I

imhereforfreerolls

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Beginner loses money, inter can manage to stay at breakeven, pro can earn money

Y

yanslad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me being a pro means you make a living from this you know?! No other source of income.. that the money from poker is everything you've got. But you can still be a profitable player, advanced skilled and play poker as a hobby. So I guess it's a matter of knowing rather your monthly payout comes only from it or not

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think real professionals do not think much about this issue:)

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

In addition to having earnings that allow you more than an extra income to your salary, I believe that a true professional player must learn to control emotions, more than anything in defeat. When we want to play for more money and recover what has been lost, a good player controls those emotions and looks at the long term. Cheers

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

J

jorgetorres0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get myself a beginner, despite the fact that I spent about 100 dollars per month playing nl2, but I am aware that at a higher level I would not earn anywhere near the same 100, only for that reason I already know that I still have a lot to learn

LuckyBundy13

LuckyBundy13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Greetings,

It's intriguing yet alarming how most of you tie being a professional to profit while at the same time confuse being a professional to having a profession/job.

So you say you'll play this game for 10 plus years and only consider yourself a professional if you make money?

What about tennis players, golfers who join "professional" tournaments, year in and year out yet never make the money. By this standard, are you saying these bottom players are not professionals?

If that's the case then it should be clear. You're only a professional if you make a profit/living and consistent money.

In my book, you're a professional the second you step into the arena. Once your money goes in, win or lose, everyone has a chance. Everyone is pro.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
When you're living off your poker winnings, you are a pro.

leoronin

leoronin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah im definitely a pro .........at losing my money lol

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One hand was enough for me to find out that I was a professional. I am the ultimate poker champion. Poker is me! This is my game, it belongs to me and the same as me.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Professional player I think that it would be if I dedicated myself to this, but I really believe that I will never consider myself a professional player!

Patoamz95

Patoamz95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the moment I am a beginner on the way to becoming a pro, I am in a learning process and also accumulating my bankroll

LuckyBundy13

LuckyBundy13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One hand was enough for me to find out that I was a professional. I am the ultimate poker champion. Poker is me! This is my game, it belongs to me and the same as me.

If you won the hand, you're ahead of 99.9999999999% of other players.

Congratulations. You are a poker champ.

If you lost the hand, you're officially a professional loser. GG ma'am!:D

Wrathchild

Wrathchild

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By definition, you aren't a "pro" until you make a living playing the game professionally. As will all things, pro is short for "profession," so unless this is your profession, you aren't a pro. You might be good, but you're still an amateur until it becomes your primary source of income.

rodo 2285

rodo 2285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that when your earnings exceed your current salary per month of what you dedicate to support yourself

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
For me, poker is a hobby that allows me to relax and unwind. I believe that I play poker at a fairly good average level, as evidenced by my results over the past year and my gradually growing bankroll.
Good luck.

B

Belgiumburnley

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a beginner. I play low stakes and make a few bucks a month (when I'm lucky)

A

adueno81

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would consider myself a pro if i won an average of a hundred dollars a day.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, a pro is a player who, on an ongoing basis, regularly earns stable money in a certain period of time, for example, a month. And the higher his limit, at which he plays, the higher his professionalism.
I can only evaluate my level as striving for this level, at least at low and medium levels.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
I am a poker lover who loved this game one day. I want to make money, but there is no stability. I'm far from the pros:rolleyes:

S

Smyles328

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The upslope

This money angle goes from red to black!!

schtiuky

schtiuky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ocasionaly player when time is on my side.