Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I was playing a cash game enjoying a cold drink and floped a flush,
I thought. I had A 2 of hearts and 3 hearts came up on the flop, so I
started betting and after the river came I lost with A high.I looked at my hold
cards and noticed a water droplet on my tablet, wiped it off and noticed
my 2 of hearts was a 2 of diomands. Anybody else ever misread there hand?

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sorry for your loss, but this is pretty funny, my advice is to swap that cold drink for something healthier

P

ProfessorGrind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I once played a live hand with QQ - 2 red queens. I played against the villain to the river where we both turned over QQ. However, when I turned over my hand I had Qh3d - somehow I looked at the same card twice and thought I had QQ lol. Yes I lost the pot!

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Similar things have happened to me, especially during a multitable game. Some poker rooms have similar spades and clubs and I have a 4-color deck option on them, although I prefer 2-color.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Recently there was a similar situation) I had J7 diamonds in my hands and it seemed to me that the flop was two diamonds. The opponent makes a bet, I call, another diamond opens on the turn and I understand that I have no flush, since there was one diamond on the flop and I mixed up the second diamond. But I was lucky that on the turn and on the river two diamonds opened, so I still found my flush). This was the first time, to be honest, I usually play carefully.

A

AgniS_ageRo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Nagging

And I missed a drop of water on my phone in my first tournament for $ 1, I went 1 out of 40, I went to the flop I don't remember with which hand, but an opponent from top 2 or top 3 out of 40 put a big bet and misclick on a raise was equal to all-in, and I lost a lot of chips and finished 35 with only $ 5 (9(((9

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When a flush is not a flush

Hello.
Your story reminds me to clean my screen. Hope that next time it will be a flush! Change your cards to have a different color for each suit. Good luck with your games in the future!
Dan'O

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I too have had that happen. Thought I had a pocket pair, hit a boat, was all in...and all out. Unfortunately the pocket was not paired.

That was when I switched to four colour decks. was weird at first...but so good in making you catch the flush draws and quickly tells you when a flop has no flush draw (apart from backdoor).

LitPavel

LitPavel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had a similar situation, I thought that I had a flush from the ACE of hearts And since there was no square or fulhouse on the table, I raised and when the diamond fell out on the river, I went all in and three of my oponents dropped their cards and I broke a large pot, but only after the hand when viewing the replay, I saw that I had nothing)) there were two hearts and three diamonds on the table) I didn't even have a pair and if someone had leveled up I would have been eliminated from the tournament))) It was partly after this incident that I realized how well a bluff can serve if done well)

Threshold2122

Threshold2122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never had this happen to me fortunately but then I guess this is why the four coloured deck was put in place

Good luck out there

L

lablelarry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
oh no, I've never had that happen but I feel for you!!

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's why I use the four colored decks online. Something as small as a drop of water can cost you a pot. I haven't missed a flush since I switched. It's very efficient.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Misreading of hand is almost common thing

R

richardpro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never happened to me, change the colors of your cards and when you play poker lets drink water, at breaks haha

T_Dawg

T_Dawg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have misread my hole cards but the other way. I had a winning hand but didn't realize it until I folded. :(

Last week I actually folded after the flop but would have ended with a Straight Flush.

G

goozfrahbah

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yep this is exactly why 4 color decks are best, i'm not sure why anyone would play without it anymore really

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Similiar thing has happened to me, only a handful of times but no water droplet involved. :D

Probably most if not all the times that have happened to me was for playing a few tournaments going at once and some tables partly on top of others. And the fact that when in that situation you have to think and play fast.

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, in main you have to keep in mind that when the cards are low and suits you must be careful that the opponent can have a higher color. Which takes you to call until a certain moment, where the villain will give you the necessary information if he has a higher color, in principle you should have been making only call. Beyond that you are confused in a letter that was not a suite, but the same would have happened if you had low color. Everyone ever had what you say happened to them, either because of distraction or something. luck

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very funny story. It happened to me. Wonderful that it wasn't worth much, not all of my chips were in the pot.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think you're drinking too much. :rolleyes:

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh I did that few times haha. So for now I always remind myself to keep my monitor clean lol

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
LOL , no never because I always use the 4 color deck option , I play on my laptop and I am careful with my liquids :p
I have misread though few times a straight draw because I thought it was a straight.:D

ryknow666

ryknow666

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
haha if it has happened and it is desperate

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend.

And I misread the cards on the table 😅 for nothing else, sometimes you hit me with the color.

Full Flush Poker