what's your poker story

Standout

Standout

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So what's everyones poker story? How'd you get started, how many years have you been playing, and what stakes/level are you playing at now?

I started playing freerolls at pokerroom back in the day, probably 4 years ago now and won a free roll. I didn't know a tenth about poker I do now, although I know I still suck, but I managed to play in a huge $5 guaranteed and cashed in 2nd place for over $900. Ever since then I was hooked but unfortunately never took the time to improve my game. In those 4 years I'm still nowhere near the level I should be at but it's all about discipline.

Currently, I'm grinding on bodog 50nl with a small bankroll but finding some success. what about everyone else?

D

davidjames

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was taught by my Uncle. Never got too interested in it, but when Ivey made the final table last year, that all changed lol. It was amazing to me that this guys was actually as good as they said he was. At first, I thought the ME was all luck (it kinda is lol) but after seeing a superstar make the final table, I was hooked.