Whats your online poker set up Laptop/Desktop??

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually use a desktop. When the kids run me off, I go to my laptop. I plug it in to be faster, but still can't get registered to the full tilt 180's much.

I have a very fast desktop with 7Mb/s Internet, and I still have trouble getting into the free 180's on tilt. Your response time for that is about half a second - and that's if you're paying attention.

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Vanquish recommended it, if i recall correctly.

Got it here: http://www.evoluent.com

It's not exactly cheap.

It took a while to adjust, actually. For the first 2 weeks are so I actually had both this one and my old mouse plugged in and I would switch between the two. Now i only use the vertical one and I'm considering buying another one to bring it to my work place.

I've got one sitting in my desk drawer. Never quite got the hang of it myself.

L

LineProducer

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've got my macbook hooked up to an old projector on my wall. There's nothing quite like a 10ft screen for multi tabling. I'll shoot a picture one of these days. Lot's of fun.

-willy

2-7MakesMeRaise

2-7MakesMeRaise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 x 17" laptop & a 15" laptop & one extra Dell monitor, cordless keypad & real nice puter chair.

If I had it to do over again.... would go for one decent tower and two 22" monitors (and also what I will eventually go for... along with new leather recliner with monitors mounted off pole hanging from the ceiling, with ability to set them up both for the one chair &/or set up for an adjoining recliner as well (saw this one guy's set up... was something like this...super nice!!). A set up that would be condusive for multi-tabling MTTs for 10-12 hr. stretches (note... chair with built-in catheter attachment 'or' hand GatorAid bottles.... also mini-fridge, microwave, coffee pot & water cooler/dispenser). Might have to final table the $750K prior to this set up.. lol.

wow Po, be sure to post some pics if you do :D

For me I just have a standard tower p.c in the corner of the living room facing the wall :) This way I dont get tempted to watch the t.v thats right behind me. I have also learned to blank it out whilst I'm playing. Actually I dont think I could play in total silence.Im also not that good at multitabling at the moment, so I wont be buying a bigger monitor until I'm at that level.

L

leon818

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you always play for long hrs. i suggest keep ur wooden chair, as 2 comfy will make you fall asleep. start doing stupid action

Baby Jesus

Baby Jesus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a lazyboy and a wireless mouse and key board with a 22" montor next to my tv.I love it

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Laptop definately the way to go for the same reasons. Nothing like playing poker on the crapper. I've even played while taking a shower. With the computer outside the shower of course.

However we just got a new Imac with a 27 inch screen. Thats fun to play on too. Course limited with the sites that work with a mac though.

Good to know. I take my Macbook Pro in the bathroom sometimes during tournaments. Have a small crate that I can place in front to put the laptop on haha.

greywind50

greywind50

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use a desktop with a 24 inch monitor and a rocker/recliner as a computer chair. I hope to get a laptop soon.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The Chair
The Chair The Chair
You must be comfortable for long periods of time and the chair beleive it or not is very important to your game.

If you are comfortable enough in your chair that you can fall asleep with ease, you have found a winner.

:D

24" LCD works for me.

rssurfer54

rssurfer54

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish i had both. but its really funny how ppl are talking about being on the crapper, bc I am right now :)

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a laptop.

I like to be able to roam around - I hate being constricted...

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a 15.4 inch Macbook Pro with a wireless bluetooth mouse. I also have dual booting systems with Mac OS X (for Full Tilt) and Windows (for Cake).

Poke_Her_Face

Poke_Her_Face

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have two 19 inch mac moniters (I'm a graphic designer so I have to have two moniters, and obviously a mac) I hate the mac mouses and am lookin for a mac compatible one thats more comfortable. I'm sitting in one of those "baby rocker" chairs which are comfortable and helpful in long MTT's

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My last tourney cash inabled me to go for the 3rd monitor, pretty much a baller now with this set up!

Attachments

• old-computer.jpg
    old-computer.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 39
spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
laptop, 16" for relaxing and playing in front of tv.

For games the need more attentions or playinge more than 2 tables I connect my laptop to cordless mouse and keyboard and 24" lcd 1920 * 1200 and sit in my nice officechair on whells full adjustable.

S

sportserh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just use my regular PC laptop. I usually just bring my computer wherever looks comfortable (couch, table etc.)

Weregoat

Weregoat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right now I'm rockin' my 17" laptop, but this is far from ideal. Perhaps once I'm home and if I decide to take a serious attempt at online poker I'll work out no less than 2 monitors and a decent desktop.

17Fabrizio17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4716879004_a80ce7089e.jpg

Leo 50

Leo 50

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a MacBook Pro (Intel chip very fast) and a second 22 inch monitor.
I can be mobile around the house with just the laptop or sit down, hook up the second and have 2 monitors on the desk.

S

ShaneD

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting too comfortable is a baaaaaad idea, was really tired but wanted to get a short session in before i hit the hay, so i registered for 8 $2.20 sit and go's on full tilt.... woke up an hour and a half later... blinded out... bummer! Comfort is needed tho for long sessions! I play on my laptop, usually 8 tables, would love to get hooked up to a big tv, its a pain not being able to see all the tables!

norriscjn

norriscjn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Desktop with my 42" HD tv hooked up as my monitor on my big desk. No squinting over here.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Desktop with 3 monitors: 2x24" + 1x25.5", all at 1920x1200.
17" Sony Laptop at 1920x1200 when I need to be mobile.
10" Netbook for when I need to be *really* mobile, but it's awfully tiny to play on.