wharris1999

wharris1999

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
As the title says..

Mine has to be when I was younger, maybe 11 years old and my parents let me play for fun with them and a bunch of their friends. I ended up placing 2nd and getting banned for playing again until I was a legal age, but man was it fun beating a bunch of adults at the time.

LuTsu

LuTsu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mine is the first time I came in a poker club. The sound of the chips, the words "call, raise, fold and All in, call, showdown".
It is my very best memory from poker.

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great question! I remember winning a pokerstars NHL tournament. All expenses paid to Las Vegas for the NHL awards. I didn't play in the actual poker tournament- as I finished in second place. I should have called my pocket 4’s and I would have won. Would have hit a set!!

Aleksandr1991

Aleksandr1991

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
How I finished first in the CC freeroll

hexplore35

hexplore35

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
step7 to EPT Dortmund 2009 on poker stars , I eliminated Dario Minieri .I finished 3rd and won 1650$ ,Dario was fourth and won nothing. My QJ ofs vs.AK. I saw an ace on the flop and was blinded by emotion for a moment. Only after a while I saw the next two cards :JJ .Turn and river didn't change anything

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My first win in a tourney. I had that " Yes, I can!" sensation. Awesome!

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My first 2 months of learning poker, like 14 years ago I've spent first month studying to pass the quiz and earn $50 free starting bankroll, haven't paid attention to lessons at start... the second month... i managed to increase the bankroll from $50 to $800 at partypoker just by playing 6 to 8 tables of NL2 cash games. Actually that first year was really good for me. At the end of that year I was observing NL100-200-1K tables in case if there is some fish playing and one of the fun memories was a huge bluff - i pushed all-in on the turn with OESD against a very tight regular at NL1K table and he folded to me. Poker was quite different back there...

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
As the title says..

Mine has to be when I was younger, maybe 11 years old and my parents let me play for fun with them and a bunch of their friends. I ended up placing 2nd and getting banned for playing again until I was a legal age, but man was it fun beating a bunch of adults at the time.
It may seem like a joke, but my best memory of Poker was when I started playing for money in a parlor and my mom found out and went to pick me up with a strap and I took a beating, I must have been about 13 to 15 years old

M

me_035

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Mine is winning the bad beat when I played poker for the first time. It was online, I bought in for 400$ and lost almost half of it. Then I jammed with 6-6 and got called by UTG player who apparently had K-K. Then the flop was K-6-K. The river A and then turn 6. On that time I thought the game gotta be rigged and my heart was pounding as I wasn't aware of the concept of bad beat. Suddenly everyone on the table started sending emojis and I got pop up display saying win 8912$.

Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
My favourite memories of poker circle around low suited connectors and low suited gappers in times where they weren´t so popular. People were always upset or surprised or both in a very funny way after losing their big hands against "trash".
"How you dare..." :)

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Winning $240 in a tournament, it paid for a new dishwasher that had given up the ghost.

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Getting caught playing cash dealer's choice ( I was up around $.96 when squealed on), and my father was ok with it!

ShaDoWGuarD

ShaDoWGuarD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My favorite poker memories are when you rank high in tournaments or when you play for real money and win decent session prizes. Even when the white streak in the game started and you're playing very well all the time.

Baoka

Baoka

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
It was the first time to make a cocktail and win full of luck

laihuynh

laihuynh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
My favorite memory of playing poker is when I only played for 1 month and played 6 AA games in a tournament.

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My best memory of poker is when I took fourth place in a tournament after 9 hours of play and won $1300.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Playing against one of the best mixed games players at the time online and beating the shit out of him.

Maybe I should add that it was around New Year's Eve and he was so drunk that he could barely chat at the time.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my best memory of poker was a few years ago when I cashed for the first time hehehe I won very little but for me it was incredible to have reached the money