Whats the difference between CardRunners & Stox?

The Dark Side

The Dark Side

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im looking to sign up using some FTP's but Im not sure if I should get both or just go with one.

Are they both mostly videos?

Any input would be helpful.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have both and imo Stox is better for smaller stakes players although HU players may be better off at CR. Also since you play at FTP did you know you can get them for free? Sign up at http://www.trulyfreepokertraining.com and earn the required number of FT points per month (3K for Stox, 8.5K for Stox and CR). There is not MGR hit and it cost you zero.

L

LizzyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They even have Stox for a week with only 750 FTP. I think that's really cool.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea - it really depends on what you play. I play sng's and mtt's and Stox is far better for those.

The Dark Side

The Dark Side

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have both and imo Stox is better for smaller stakes players although HU players may be better off at CR. Also since you play at FTP did you know you can get them for free? Sign up at http://www.trulyfreepokertraining.com and earn the required number of FT points per month (3K for Stox, 8.5K for Stox and CR). There is not MGR hit and it cost you zero.

Yeah thats what Im thinking about. What is MGR? And, content aside, are they generally the same? Does one offer anything better than the other? I see that Cardrunners takes more points. Know why?

They even have Stox for a week with only 750 FTP. I think that's really cool.

Where did you see that?

Yea - it really depends on what you play. I play sng's and mtt's and Stox is far better for those.

I play cash. So are you saying Cardrunners is better for cash?

The Dark Side

The Dark Side

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK wait. So I have to sign up and then earn the points to get access?

And it doesnt actually take the points? I just have to accumulate them?

@WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK wait. So I have to sign up and then earn the points to get access?

And it doesnt actually take the points? I just have to accumulate them?

@WVHillbilly

Correct. This is seperate from buying access with points. This doesn't touch your points, you just need to earn them (which you're already doing).

MGR is Monthly Gross Rake and it's the number that is used to determine your rb. Spending points deducts from it and gives you less rb. Trulyfree does NOT effect your MGR (so no rb hit).

The 750 Lizzy was talking about is that they give partial month credit if you don't earn the full amount of points. So if you earned say 5750 points in a month you would get a full month of access at Stox and 2 weeks at CR.

The Dark Side

The Dark Side

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Correct. This is seperate from buying access with points. This doesn't touch your points, you just need to earn them (which you're already doing).

MGR is Monthly Gross Rake and it's the number that is used to determine your rb. Spending points deducts from it and gives you less rb. Trulyfree does NOT effect your MGR (so no rb hit).

The 750 Lizzy was talking about is that they give partial month credit if you don't earn the full amount of points. So if you earned say 5750 points in a month you would get a full month of access at Stox and 2 weeks at CR.

thanks for clearing that up! Much appreciated.