Whats the best (winning) personality to have on a poker table?

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Just be yourself. Relax and do your thing.

That is, of course, if you're not an a**hole. Then you might want to act like somebody else.... :D

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like someone i know ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
:)

I'm not an a**hole, i just lack tact. Or so my wife keeps telling me.

And I'll have you know that I'm a perfect gentleman at the tables. :D

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So gentle... oh so gentle xD XP

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Quote: Originally Posted by Poker Orifice
Allen Cunningham FTW!! Erik Seidel FTW! (<striving to be like either of these)

& John Juanda

Eric Seidel FTW !!!

He has won everything else this year why not win the personality of the year for poker manners and professionalism.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner - ERIC SEIDEL

F4STFORW4RD

F4STFORW4RD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also if somebody is constantly spouting rigtard rubbish I will eventually say that it's not the site that is the problem, the same things happen in live poker too, it just feels as if it happens less often because you play far fewer hands live.

ckickenking

ckickenking

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it online, I tend to just mute everyone with the mute button because what other people say always get me to react to what others commented and then I'll start typing ignorant staff to annoy everyone too. So the best move is to just mute everyone. No distraction is great concentration.

R

rugby0

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You table image is as important as your cards. This image should vary with the table composition. Use all the tricks in your stack to avoid being typecast or if the table can be defocused by a particular action and it is to your advantage do what ever is necessary.

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unless donks are playing then table image is non exsistant and you need to stick to ABC poker

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

'Seiborg' by SrslySirius & DRybes
Hadn't seen the SEIBORG vid before.
LOL

He's a machine this year for sure, he's racked up and incredible string of wins.

"In August 2011, Seidel took second to David Rheem in the $20,000 buy-in 6-Max No Limit Hold'em tournament at the inaugural Epic Poker League for $604,330. This brought his earnings for 2011 to over $6.2 million. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erik_Seidel

F

fugitive67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think you gotta be real and that doesn't mean that you shouldn't have a filter on what you actually say, but if you try to be someone you're not, then it won't come across as geninue

having said that, it is also ok to strive to be like an Eric Seidel ... just don't force it, IMO

D

dibaal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cheerful and stupid, been working so far. Seems to piss alot of players off.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Be polite if asked a neutral question, otherwise I ted to shut up and try and find out what others are giving away with their chatter.

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4) People I knock out, who then spend the next five minutes hurling abuse at me, as an observer.

When this happens to me, I usually turn to them with an earnest look and ask --> "Since you have nothing to do now, could you help me stack ALL THESE CHIPS."

Usually works. One time I got a guy so pissed at me that he left a brand new food order. Still in plastic wrap. Just went home to kick his poor dog.

...I ate it. ..:D

-

PurgatoryD

PurgatoryD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A few hour poker tournament can be exhausting, especially pre-bubble during the grind. If I had to try to act like someone I'm not during that time, it could be downright grueling. So I just be myself. Since it's just not in my personality to trash talk, I don't do it. If it works for you, go for it.

Also, I think the more you talk, the more you reveal. Moreover, I think it's better to blend in than to stand out. The more people you annoy the more people who will want you out of the game. Then again, you could use that to your advantage as well. So just be yourself and work with it accordingly. :)

R

rcsmith4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been recently trying to convert to a bare minimum for talking. It just gives away too much information every time you talk or type into the chat box. If you stay quiet, you will be less predictable, and like others said above me, less targeted.