Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Today I was reading some posts here on cardschat about poker, and I asked myself the following question: Why did I start playing poker? . Many friends here on cardschat, I think they started playing with their family, others started in college and so on. But my history with poker started in a curious way. I was playing the video game and in order to pass the game I had to play Texas hold and win, but how was I going to win if I didn't even know how to play poker, so I researched about Texas hold and I liked it so much that I left video game aside and started playing poker and never stopped. And why did you start playing poker? , leave your report.

toni_brasco

toni_brasco

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I was a kid maybe 12-13 years old, guys were playing cards every day on playground benches so i started and was playing sometimes and loved it....then forgot about it.
6 years ago just opened some internet poker advertising in curiosity and old love has been awaken.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started playing because I saw the world poker tour on tv and ever since I studied and played the game

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today I was reading some posts here on cardschat about poker, and I asked myself the following question: Why did I start playing poker? . Many friends here on cardschat, I think they started playing with their family, others started in college and so on. But my history with poker started in a curious way. I was playing the video game and in order to pass the game I had to play Texas hold and win, but how was I going to win if I didn't even know how to play poker, so I researched about Texas hold and I liked it so much that I left video game aside and started playing poker and never stopped. And why did you start playing poker? , leave your report.

I was born into a family of gamblers. We usually played games like 7and a half or 21 so or course it was only for pennies. In my neighborhood all the kids had similar families to mine so we would always be gambling on everything. So one night some of us go to a friends house and he introduced us to Texas Hold Em. I loved it I won about .80 cents. unfortunately no one ever wanted to play again, later on in years the internet started and I eventually found that i could play poker sites online. Needless to say I started playing them and eventually started winning micro and low stakes tournaments. Then 1 day the government shut it down, oh well. A few years went by and online poker came back up. I started playing again and after awhile the government shut it down again.
Now I'm glad its up and running again and I hope it stays that way because online poker is now a part of my life. :)

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I started playing 11 years ago. In fact, I started because I had a lot of free time and I was bored. Poker has been a part of my life ever since.

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I learned the rules 4 years ago. The first time I played with friends for chips that we made ourselves with our own hands. We played for a couple of weeks and lost interest. After some time, we got a poker set with plastic chips, and the interest in the game reappeared. After a year of playing, I started playing online for play money. Played for a couple of months and got bored. I quit poker for about two years, finished school, went to university. Then I turned 18 and I realized that I can register in the poker room and play for real money. Registered not immediately, after six months. And now I've been playing at pokerstars for three months.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started playing poker after watching professional poker players play on YouTube. I became interested and I decided to learn how to play poker. I played for a whole year at Pokerstars at the tables with play money and only then tried my hand at freerolls and tournaments with entries.

765RingoP

765RingoP

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My poker history

As soon as I become 18 I downloaded 'gamble' games to my phone. Gostop, Suttda(Asian Poker), 7Poker, blackjack, Bacarrat and so on... I am now adult and it was LEGAL for me to play those games! I was excited first day.

But soon... I found out that I cannot develop myself with these games. In that time, I heard the news that famous Starcraft player, Yo-hwan Lim, became a Texas Holdem player. What? Texas Holdem? So I got to know about it.

I played in WPL but at that time I played with luck and guts and no study. I lost much so I did not play much.
In this quarantine, I had nothing to do so I came back to poker, and found a site named Pokerstars, and found out that they have a site Pokerstarslearn. So I'm seriously studying poker in order to develop myself while having fun.

I wish cardschat would help me become solid player.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
A friend brought me to poker, and the opportunity to earn from nothing, thanks to CC tournaments and promotions, you can play in tournaments that you never even dreamed of, and there are a lot of good players here, from games with which you get not only pleasure, but also necessary experience. And so, at school they also played at 21 - it's nice to win.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i started playing way back in high school with friends, it was a good way to have some laughs and have some pops!

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Watching old movies from the old west, Bat Marteson, Maverick, and others, in my time I didn't have much material for research, I ended up learning wrong, only in 1999 I learned correctly and I didn't stop anymore

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One day I saw a six-player poker mini-competition being held in the studio for everyone to see on TV. It was in the form of an advertisement from Pokerstars. I became interested in playing poker and have been playing poker ever since.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I started to get interested in poker when I was very young and saw how the world poker tournament was going on and people were winning a lot of money! It was very interesting for me and I tried to play poker for play money on my phone! I still love this game!

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started playing poker after I read an article on the internet that poker could be a new modality of the olympics in 2024, so I researched about poker and I really enjoyed watching videos of great players with phil Ivey, tony G, Daniel negreano among others.

I fell in love with poker strategies, mind game and the power of a right or wrong decision and the fact that I can make money playing cards.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I've been playing poker for about 5 years. My friends often played in the evenings, I watched and thanks to them I also started playing.