vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In any sport, you can always identify the truly best players.
And the best are not those who once performed successfully, but those who do it
regularly. Many athletes in their interviews talk about the condition
"bubble" when they do not think about the audience, or about victory or defeat.
They are just focused on the task they need to do. They
may not notice how they score a goal, make a crazy shot or
score a touchdown. All attention is focused on the process, not on
result.

What is your focus when playing poker, especially when it comes to winning money? It seems to me that often the thought of the prize money outweighs the focus on the game.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
My main focus is on level analysis in the game.
The economic part is added.
If you improve in the game, sooner or later you will improve financially.
For many players like me who play cash, it bothers them (because it has happened to me too) when you level up to see the economic part when you have a bad streak.
It is simply solved, you should not play a level in which you cannot feel comfortable and beat it.
If you think that having KK and one goes all in because you assume he has AA, and you think about losing, for example, your $10 box, don't play at that level. Because without a doubt your bankroll is not adequate for that level you are playing.
Today I could be playing NL5 because my bankroll could already do it. But I prefer to wait a while longer and continue calmly in NL2 where my bankroll exceeds the expectation of the level until I feel safe and calm playing in NL5.
Maybe it's a conservative position. But I prefer this to the aggressive position, which is when your bankroll is lower than the level you can play. Because at that level playing an all-in hurts, on the other hand, having an adequate bankroll, if you lose you continue playing.
Although I do not criticize those who do it aggressively, on the contrary I congratulate them and hope they are successful.
Greetings:):):)

Dasha_21

Dasha_21

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I try to focus all my attention on poker and not get distracted by anything

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I completely agree with you, I also think that it is best to focus on the process of the game itself, and most importantly, enjoy what you are doing. When I playing poker, I focus my attention on everything that is happening at the poker table. Inside myself, I become part of the entire gameplay. I get pleasure not from the money I win, but from when I win hands or take a high prize places. This means that I played correctly, and I play poker well :)), after which I begin to believe in myself even more, and there is an incentive to continue playing and go to new victories.

Last edited:
Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Focus on making the best plays and getting good results.

Bummy

Bummy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I play poker for fun, so I just play with cards that look good to me. When I'm closer to the prizes, then I can start analyzing the opponents' game, think about my actions, and look for some winning options.

Ingryd

Ingryd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My focus is to have fun and make money. It never happened to earn considerable money. I wanted to become a professional but I haven't managed to progress yet.

S

s0ftdumps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
result.

What is your focus when playing poker, especially when it comes to winning money? It seems to me that often the thought of the prize money outweighs the focus on the game.
I just focus on playing less hands. I have many strategies to do this. multiple tables or other distractions that I can focus away from during a juicy hand.

markdias

markdias

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I try to focus on the strongest players, at first I play a little looser, then I become safer!

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I focus on my decisions. My biggest problem is my own mistakes, so I always think carefully about every decision I make and try to follow the game of my opponents. Concentration is a very important factor and has a direct impact on our performance.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stay out of aggressive donks way that have no clue what they're doing and wait for them to exit because they're going to exit.

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello! You need to formulate everything correctly in your question - the focus should be on the game process itself, and this is a very extensive moment, it is impossible to highlight something specific. And you need to think about bankroll management before you sit down at the table. This is certainly important, but it interferes with the game: when you are in the process of playing and start thinking about what you are risking, there will definitely be mistakes and losses. Good luck at the tables!

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am completely focused on the game. I never think about prizes, I only think about how to make good use of good situations. I'm patient, I don't play with junk, so I'm usually quite happy with my game and my results.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My focus at the table is the other players, I try to discover how they play to make my decisions.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to focus on the effective stack sizes, the icm, and the villans.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I focus on other things while playing like a movie on TV or I surf the internet or many other things. I actually find poker quite boring and I reluctantly came to play it after I quit being able to make money playing online backgammon (a game that is definitely not boring!). Now that there is much less money to be made on ACR and pokerstars by freerolling it looks like I will soon be looking for another hobby.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
result.

This topic is very interesting, today I saw some very good advice for beginners, don't focus on money but on game strategy, still complete with Ungar's thought, win one chip at a time, stay alive, at the beginning of the tournament , you can not win it with just one hand, but it is possible to lose it in just one hand

M

Magallaneroy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
My goal is to get better every day to improve my game and my life in general.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My main focus when I play is ultimately winning the game, It does not matter whether I and playing Single Table games or a full blown Tournament, Winning is the most important Goal!
How much money I win is immaterial, I don't worry about what the prize is, I can play for Cash, Tickets, or even Peanuts if they were on offer, I started Playing on sites that offered Points as Prizes, and on one site I built up over half a million, Even on PokerStars I started playing for Fun Money, because it is not always about how much money you can make, It is more important to play, to improve your playing skills.
On-line Poker is Fun, and using the skills you work on, and transferring those skills to Live Games, is where you can make some real money, I have made more money from Live events than I have On-line in the last 20 years.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't think about money. For me, poker is a hobby, and although money is important to me, during the game I first think about my decisions. I have been playing poker for more than 12 years and for me it is primarily a hobby that I take very seriously and responsibly.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not getting bored of folding while observing the other players and having a clear and focused mind making the best possibe tested by time moves is all needed for me. Of course always studying the game. As long as I am not at my A game, which took some years to learn how to identify, I just stop. Also taking shots here and there at much higher stakes, when my bankroll allows it, certainly helps on having my level checked.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The main mistake many poker players make is the wrong attitude towards the game itself. It is a mistake to expect a guaranteed reward. A player who is too gambling, fixated on winning, gets very upset if he loses, which makes it difficult to concentrate on the game.Fear of losing money is a bad assistant in the game. This includes irritation when you lose, emotional stress, distracting thoughts and worries due to a possible loss of money. There is always an element of luck in the game.One of the most destructive psychological problems among players is poorly developed self-control and self-regulation skills. That is, the inability to tell yourself “stop” in time, despite the strong desire to win back.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In during play in Poker, I try to concentrate only on Game, that to get the maximum positive results, by possibility!..
But above own concentration, I think, necessary to work yet... Because this is process! Not All is that simply!