What are your favourite strategies playing with veteran poker players?

chemoshi

chemoshi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What are your favourite strategies playing with advanced poker players?

I find it's easier to play against the veteran players because you can usually read them easily.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What are your favourite strategies playing with advanced poker players?

I find it's easier to play against the veteran players because you can usually read them easily.
online is very difficult to read or understand, live is much easier, especially knowing the players

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I agree it is easier for me to play against them than the normal maniacal fish in lower stakes tourneys.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
No matter who the opponent mine "strategy" is pretty much the same ...

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In general, I try to avoid playing against really good aggressive players, unless I have a really good hand and position on them. I'm going to make my money against the passive players and the bad players (the ones that basically play any hand and are either maniacs or whales).

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Always volatile, the old player always tries to get to know the opponent. With frequent game changes, it's easier to win

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It's funny how I was more successful in the beginning of my very short poker career... Now it's a strange feeling that the more I learn the more it is to analyze and somehow that makes me choose the wrong moves more often than before... So, back to the topic question I don't find it harder to play against veteran players... I just like to adapt to each player style.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hmmm... Favourite strategy when playing advanced players? :unsure:

First and foremost what and who is an advanced player is surely subjective/relative, no?

With broad, generalising strokes however.. I guess it would have to be:- observation. ;)