What did you learn after joining CC

LaMinaccia

LaMinaccia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So after joining CardsChat forum and reading a bunch of the threads here I learned to be a bit more aggressive in my already tight game and it has improved my game amazingly. There are hands I'm winning now that I would of never thought of taking down in the past and the pots I'm able to steal make me laugh at times.

So I guess what I should be saying is thanks Cardschat.

salim271

salim271

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Better at stealing and bubble play for sure. Knowing when to fold has gotten easier as well since I joined.

dufferdevon

dufferdevon

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Learning that K-J UTG is not the nuts. Seriously, I have tightened up my play considerable, especially playing in position since joining.

Also, just talking to other players. I have now had impromtu coaching sessions with a few top level MTT players through MSN. Before joining Cardschat, I would never have thought other players would be willing to help another player play better.

M

Madness_does

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have learned to calm down and not get so mad as hell. I am learning to take bad beats better, but I still would rather shoot them dam donks for being idiots, but Im still learning, this is the most informational web site on poker I have ever found yet and a kick ass community of poker players, its awesome.

kybcat

kybcat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Learned about bankroll management. Wish i knew this when i first started. Could have still been playing on the site money instead of my own. Also learned about some of the turicks player use to get you mad to pushed all-in, that one help me alot.

T

TopDonk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well as I have just joined I havn't really learnt anything yet apart from lots of interesting discussion is going to come up often.

So I will post what I want to get out of cards chat, I would like to improve my overall MTT game and maybe learn cash(not sure yet though)

Also what I want to get out of the forum is to start talking and learning from better players than myself, I have heard how important it is to have a good group of friends to discuss hands/strategy with and I have no real life friends who play poker, so I have suffred in this department more than anything, so I hope to meet some good players and help others as I improve.

So thanks in advance cardschat

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After joining cardschat I have won over 25k in online tournaments.....that says something about this forum imo

Last edited:
phoebepussy

phoebepussy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not as impressive as King Curtis but since joining cardschat I have become a consistant winning player making regular withdrawals

There are always posts to learn from even when you have been playing a while

Recently opened a thread just because I wondered what a tagfish was and was surprised to find I was one

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
CC did a lot for me, the first 3 years i won quite a bit, the last 1 1/2 years i have slowed down a bit playing games, but in the 4 years & 9 months ive been here at CC im still ahead of what i started with, thats what counts to me,, CC #1, Great Forum,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,buck:cool:

Velutha

Velutha

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned that a lot of people are unable to locate "the password" 2 seconds after joining CC.

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am still learning so much every day. I used to think I knew so much and how good I thought I was. I don't and I am not but it's improving.
Thanks CC

thebluff1000

thebluff1000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. ive learnt that cc is the best forum out there
2. ive learnt that there are some frikkin nice people here and very very generous too!!!
3. ive learnt that all ins are placed at more appropriate times.
4. ive learnt that this is a great forum to start a bankroll with...especially with the freerolls and donations from special events.
5. ive learnt that its a great place to vent bad beats ....very understanding
6. ive learnt that its the best poker forum to meet new friends.

THANK YOU CC AND EVERYONE THAT KNOWS ME

LaMinaccia

LaMinaccia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For the short time I've been here at CC I learnt a lot about poker but I also have to give props to "Rounders Radio" who brought the top 10 pocket cards to my attention and after that my game made the biggest turn around ever. I read a couple of books after hooking up with RR and now with CC in the mix my live tourney playing career is moving along nicely. :thrasher: Rock on CC.

N

NYRebirth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ive learned more about bankroll management and Variance

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned what the blue and green dots mean.

T

Tonawanda

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've learned that you can't learn to play poker watching the WPT. But if not for the WPT, I wouldn't be here. It seems to me that the opinions, ideas, concepts and experiences that's shared by the members are invaluable. Being my first forum, I've also found out that you can really get to know people (from their posts) without ever meeting them.

superman4all

superman4all

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have learned to control tilt and let my losses go! There is always another tournament starting that is gonna offer a nice first prize. I have also learned a lot about sng strategy and ank roll managment! So I owe just about my entire poker tool to CC. Thanks everyone

lektrikguy

lektrikguy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The top 10 things I learned from Cardschat:

10. Be patient in the long tournaments-it's a marathon, not a sprint.

9. There are some freakin GREAT threads here-still haven't read all of them yet.

8. Way too many new people think they can join and get the passwords to the freerolls.

7. Dakota has a LOT of posts.

6. Bankroll management.

5. I'm not near as good as I thought I was.

4. There are starting hands that NEED to be folded out of position.

3. Don't post a link with Leann Tweeden topless.

2. I'm not the only one who gets sucked out on on Full Tilt.

1. The difference between cake and bastard.

R

RoTs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've learned that unlike some sites the members here will help even the newest of players improve without all the criticism.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Not all Forums are created equally.

CardsChat.
Rockssssssssssssssssssss

AA is nothing but a pair.
Over and over I learn this.
Again and Again.

lol

swrittenb

swrittenb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience! I'm a really patient person in real life, but at the table, I have a hard time staying calm. CC has been a huge help in controlling the madness. Thanks, CC!!

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That I'm not a very good poker player,,, but getting better,,,,but don't have enough years left too get very good,,LOL
take care

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I learned that Dorkus Malorkus is a very, very, strange individual & (fortunately), that most Australians are in fact wonderful human beings. :)

2-7MakesMeRaise

2-7MakesMeRaise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After joining cardschat I have won over 25k in online tournaments.....that says something about this forum imo

wow, thats an acheivment :)

Myself I have learned a lot from CC, mainly about the importance of bankroll management and how even the best players can lose on a downswing.