xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker can be like the comic strip 'Peanuts'

Just when you think you will be able to kick the football (Charlie Brown), Lucy yanks it away. I am quite sure that Lucy controls the 'river'.;)

xxxREAPERxxx

xxxREAPERxxx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I compare poker to chess..Its all about making the right moves and out thinking your opponent,The last move comes down to the river...and then....check mate!

D

DROB

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting pick-pocketed on a frustratingly slow bus ride to a place you don't want to go.

D

don1980

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would compare poker to goldfish.. lol..

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Poker is a strategy game ,a game we can play in life with these rules and politics can be compare to poker also

ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No doubt poker is compared to chess, it is a game of many strategies but you can always know what to get from your opponents

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, then I would compare poker to playing for Real! Same thing. Hitting from all sides, playing with incomplete information and all that. I just noticed that as you become more experienced in poker, you start to evaluate the situations that occur in real life...

S

Spns777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker as fishing. You don’t now there is a fish at a water, but try to search a fish and get it.

fingers182005

fingers182005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
like i said before it is like a woman.. if you never make the right moves you'll never get the girl...

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I compare poker with a puzzle game where the pieces fits , sometimes I perceive the symbolism that reminds me of the tarot with a difference, in the tarot one can see the future and with skill in poker one can write the future

Last edited:
well_cap1302

well_cap1302

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think poker can be compared to any strategy game, although luck is required many times.

H

Hunterlewis31

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is much like life. you spend your whole life trying to figure it out but never truly master it. You get older, wiser and learn to slow down and think about things more objectively. and sometimes you can get very lucky or unlucky. but in the end you are always learning.

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
COMPARE POKER

I compare poker with real life you need to balance some decisions some lucky situations can give you more comfort but if you are not managing emotions you lose who won with the help of luck
patience to play right ones hands and with the financial terms of the better quieter and more gameplay to reach the top I compare poker with real life you need to study the opponents adapt to them and change the game in the course of a tournament or a cash is very cool is a sport of the mind no doubt

to

:jd4:mateuspoker

B

bonzai888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
game of LIFE

"ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVES"

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker can raise you for the better. is the ability to behave in order to preserve emotions, discipline, the ability to understand others as reading thoughts, etc

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that comparison with chess is not correct because in chess better player wins almost every time and there is no luck involved. Just because of that there are no many games which can be compared with poker. Maybe football is comparable because sometimes in a single football game much weaker team can win against the champion with some luck but at the end when you see the final positions in the championship stronger teams are always ahead.

I agree.
Nothing in common with chess.
All other sports do have some amount of luck, but relying on random cards or random dice makes games much more influenced by luck.
Perhaps BackGammon would come closest.

SouthparkSith

SouthparkSith

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not sure about poker but I've heard for years the euchre is a lot like having sex? In both cases you better have a really good partner and if you don't have a good partner then you better have a really good Hand!

mathtree

mathtree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Life

Poker is like life: it's not what you are dealt that counts - it's how you handle it that changes the outcome.

rafikjan

rafikjan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker can be compared to many card games in appearance. But if you compare the structure is one of the most intelligent games. in your game you need psychology strategy thinking intellect work on self diligence