gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am very afraid to play when I start to miss and my game slowly turns to tilt. It's scary not to stop in time, or when the lights turn off when you're almost at the final table (it happened once). What are you afraid of when you're playing?

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Not sure I understand your question about being afraid. What is there to be afraid of?

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think even experienced players are afraid of something. My biggest fear is bad beat in front of the prize zone. 😭

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I am very afraid to play when the lights turn off when you're almost at the final table (it happened once). What are you afraid of when you're playing?
There is nothing better than playing poker in the darkness so who needs lights anyway :unsure:

1KrazyMofo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
climbing up the stakes is scary, simply because downswings are scary, and the higher up you get the bigger the downswings become.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don’t see much point in being afraid of bad beats when playing poker, because from time to time they still happen, I’m more afraid of making the wrong decision, and this is much more important than when you did everything right but you were unlucky !!!

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Nothing. I try to play my game, not to risk to much and to make my chips grow. If not...it's o.k.. Next time will be better.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm afraid the times that I know I should be sleeping but still register for one more game.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I am very afraid to play when I start to miss and my game slowly turns to tilt. It's scary not to stop in time, or when the lights turn off when you're almost at the final table (it happened once). What are you afraid of when you're playing?
I'm not afraid of anything playing poker, I just get angry when I lose to a nine and a ten with a draw hand of aces and play further, the anger goes away

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
A little fear of a big reraise after you open with a decent but not monster hand - hate being pushed around too much but calling off into a hand that does dominate you just is so deflating...decisions, decisions!

ikescherer

ikescherer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Im scared of losing all my bankroll

P

pariurisportive88

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fear is not good in poker my friend .

85champ07

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
There are two things that I am afraid of at the poker table. While it is not traditional fear it is often seen as self doubt. One is going out on the bubble, such as when I have pocket aces and I don't want to fold them. But I don't want to risk my tournament life on it either. My second thing would be when I'm just unsure about my monster hand. I don't always play nitty, but when I do I really hope to have a good set of community cards to back me. Hate having high card as I am usually unsure and hate to commit to my doubt.

B

BrunoFabri01

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my fear is falling out of the tournament with only 1 person left to enter the prize pool

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Afraid of what might happen if you don't act properly in certain situations, ie. bubble play, holding big pocket pair etc. Pick out those situations that make you uncomfortable & study them so you have a plan when they arise. You do need to understand that you have no control over the deal of the cards & even the optimal play in a given situation can have negative results. Nothing to be afraid of though.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fear? On the contrary, playing poker has to be fun, something that fills you with happiness. I think that should be the essence of all sport.

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think if you're scared of something about poker you shouldn't play because it's against your game

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No fear here, if there is a mistake on my end, that is about it. Pretty anal and critical about going over my hands. Less of a fear than it is a learning experience.

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If you play poker right, there's nothing to be afraid of. You have to enjoy the game and believe in the best.

Alex Okhr

Alex Okhr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In poker i ussually afraid recive AA and to lose all my chips.

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
fear of elimination, but I see that if you don't risk it, you will also be eliminated. so it's face the game without fear.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I fear playing Pocket Jacks they are the worst

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Fear is a negative element. Eliminate it from your thinking. Concentrate on making the correct decisions.
If the result for you is a loss, work out why, and what the correct decision should have been. Record that bad decision and how you are going to fix it. Then use this information in your future games.