What would you do, poker studs?

C

chainfire98

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just lost three or so tourneys in a row. First time i hit the wall and lost three in a row. I came back to win 1st place in a 2 table tourney just moments ago which wiped out my losses from the previous 3 tournaments and increased my bankroll profit as well. Now i am a little trepid, scared of my luck. Would you go and play another tournament or take a break from it as to not tempt lady fate and the poker gods? Play another time and hope the cards roll up good. I am sitting here. I still wanna play poker, but i am scared!

KyleJRM

KyleJRM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Three in a row? I'd barely notice. That's not even a downswing. It's not even a blip.

C

chainfire98

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well i don't multi-table! I only have 50 games under my belt, in a week. I only play $5 sng's, the rare $10 sng tourney as well. Built by BR from $10 to $210. Trying to practise good BRM overall.

KyleJRM

KyleJRM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well i don't multi-table! I only have 50 games under my belt, in a week. I only play $5 sng's, the rare $10 sng tourney as well. Built by BR from $10 to $210. Trying to practise good BRM overall.

That's fine, but losing three tourneys in a row is nothing. It happens to everyone. That's *why* you practice good BR management. So when a real downswing (10 tourneys or more) hits you (and it will, it hits everyone), you aren't busted.

Errant Dog

Errant Dog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I'm in a downswing right now (lost about 10 in a row), but I'm playing within my BR, so I'm not to worried.
Just gonna take a break and get back to it later. Trust me, 3 games is nothing to be ashamed of.

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dont worry its not a downswing until you go damn my BR is looking busto

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3 losses in a row is nothing. If it's causing you to worry, then you must be playing outside of your BR comfort zone. If you are following proper BRM, then it shouldnt be a problem as long as you know when you need to move down a stakes to compensate for when you do happen to run bad.

BTW, if you want to see what a bad run looks like, this is a bad run...(my SS graph) Yah, Im kinda sucky at poker...^_^

Attachments

• blip.jpg
    blip.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 2
D

Dayne G.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just lost three or so tourneys in a row. First time i hit the wall and lost three in a row. I came back to win 1st place in a 2 table tourney just moments ago which wiped out my losses from the previous 3 tournaments and increased my bankroll profit as well. Now i am a little trepid, scared of my luck. Would you go and play another tournament or take a break from it as to not tempt lady fate and the poker gods? Play another time and hope the cards roll up good. I am sitting here. I still wanna play poker, but i am scared!

The only thing you need to be scared of ... is being scared of ...

Play when you feel passionate about playing, but learn to play w/out fear!

You're "AFRAID" of losing. This game isn't about winning or losing, it's about committing-- Committing to decisions, and the reasons you make them. :)
-Dayne