What is the Worst Thing About Poker?

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Time. When you think just a few more hands cause it's 1130pm. Then you remember just a couple more hands cause it's 3am.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you lose to a player who has no respect for the game!

robertocoelho

robertocoelho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the worst thing is the game time mostly in MTT and SNG some

aslanvanacha

aslanvanacha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no complaints

according to me there is no complaints.....i love poker):)

J

Jarod1231

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion: The worst thing about poker is going on tilt and knowing you are making bad decisions, but still doing it.

ovidiu9b

ovidiu9b

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play in a big tourney for a lot of hours and get kicked before the bubble

G

gangosear

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
the worst/best is that it can take years to realize that you are a fish

C

cessam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the worst thing in poker is a bad beats.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting disconnected with the nuts.

zubastik

zubastik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that the most stupid and wrong,is to go Allin with a weak kicker

B

Bsharky28

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think same times, on same pokerrooms random nubeb generator is a shit!

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Ι really hate all these mathematical formulas i have to learn to calculate and memorize , all the math theory related to poker generally that makes it hard to become an advanced poker player . Also all these hud programms , PT and hm,which can track players' activity and provide stats and info that I dont understand completely (I hope it's not off topic all these...:D ) .
Every online poker room table should have and support keyboard hotkeys as pokerstars mainly and 888poker less have to facilitate the game of the players . in addition , they should improve in some cardrooms the random card generator programm to make the life of bingo donkeys harder:stupid: .

Last edited:
HUmanMustard

HUmanMustard

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously, The bad beats. Especially Online.

sofren

sofren

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me nothing special. Maybe late registration on tournaments. It is ok when late registration are aveilable during 1 hour but in many tournaments late registrations is availadbe three or four hours. In live poker tournaments this is ok, but in online tournament no. This is not fair to players who start tournament regularly, my opinion. Late registrations in online tournaments should be aveliable max 1 hour. Live poker different story.

W

Whiterosemov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no, but seriously, when you tilt and you notice you have tilted but can't stop playing again and again like a maniac and losing all your money because you just can't think straight anymore

that's the worst

C

Cupcakehk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was playing in Atlantic City and I had beautiful hands and nothing was hitting. I finally decided to play with 2 & 5 off suit and hit runner runner flush draw. It was ridiculous, sometimes you just have crappy luck.

D

Doobubs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting called by 69 after rasing with QQ and being beaten by a 69 full house. Disgusting

D

Doobubs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no, but seriously, when you tilt and you notice you have tilted but can't stop playing again and again like a maniac and losing all your money because you just can't think straight anymore

that's the worst

Have to agree. U know in you that you doing the wrong thing but continue nontheless. Lol.

D

Doobubs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ι really hate all these mathematical formulas i have to learn to calculate and memorize , all the math theory related to poker generally that makes it hard to become an advanced poker player . Also all these hud programms , PT and hm,which can track players' activity and provide stats and info that I dont understand completely (I hope it's not off topic all these...:D ) .
Every online poker room table should have and support keyboard hotkeys as pokerstars mainly and 888poker less have to facilitate the game of the players . in addition , they should improve in some cardrooms the random card generator programm to make the life of bingo donkeys harder:stupid: .

Pokerstars dies by their number generator. I also sometimes wonder about it.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
While maybe not the worst thing about playing poker, but certainly something that gets on my nerves is stat donkeys. You know the guy at the table quoting statistics and probabilities that he obviously doesn't fully understand, and don't apply to the situation, to justify his horrible play. For instance, someone utilizing stat table intended for use in heads up play in determining hand selection at a ten seat table. Or the guy quoting the probability of a pair of sevens to hold up against a "random hand" to justify calling with pocket sevens when three players are all-in in front of him. For one, you're up against three players, not one. Second, the three players that shoved, re-shoved, and called are not likely to have done it holding random hands. It's like this guy grabbed a copy of Poker 101 and immediately flipped to the charts in the back of the book without ever trying to grasp the basic poker strategy that might help them understand how to use them.

Generally I don't care how anyone plays. They've paid their entry fee. They're free to play the game however they choose. The problem I have with these stat donkeys is the half hour they spend filling up the chat box with a bunch of nonsense and insults. It's a good thing they never last that long.

Last edited:
C

coachlary69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The worst thing is these 5 hour late registrations on ACR. Those tournaments are definitely not for the recreational player who have other obligations so in essence you're basically funding the tournament for the few who have the time (and patience) to play that long, knowing you may have another 4 to 6 hours of play.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Worst poker an MTT to leave the game in 10th place with a second stack!!!!

D

Demagog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The worst in my opinion in poker is when luck goes not very decent player at the moment ..