What is the starting hand that triggers you the most when it doesn't flop well?

rsparente

rsparente

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Me: AKx. As due to it's value most of the times the pot get too big preflop.

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't associate the flop with my starting hands. Maybe I didn't understand you very well, but in my case I have a range of hands with which I play, but necessarily taking into account my position at the table, the stage of the tournament and the characteristics of the opponents at the table. That is, if my cards are strong enough, then, taking into account the flop, I will consider different game scenarios.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Yes, easily AKo. Next best drawing hand in the deck (after AKs) but still misses 2/3 of the time.

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The situation is the same with a couple of nines or a dozen. A jack, queen, king or ace are dealt on the flop and you just give up, especially if it's a multipot

B

bababooey

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
For me it's AK or AQ. I always seem to hit the opposite of the hand I'm holding so always a Q on the flop when I have AK and always a K when I hold AQ.

But that's poker for you haha.

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
AK for sure, such a strong hand preflop but a lot of times it just ends up being A high...

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
When you have KK and the A is there on the flop , and what about when you have QQ and the flop looks something like AKX :p

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Most of the time when I have QQ the flop hits A K.

laihuynh

laihuynh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
I like QK,KK,AA it's a good opening.

NootNoot

NootNoot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
JJ. A little over 50% chance of an A,K or Q on the flop. It's both tricky to navigate and disheartening when one of those cards does come. It's especially bad if there was a lot of action pre-flop, and you think your opponent has a narrow range of premium hands, or if you're something like 4-way having raised from early position and got 3 callers.

jose_saleh

jose_saleh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
It happens to me with KK, it kills my momentum when flop tosses the only card I dont want to see with that hand

f_lampa

f_lampa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
yes, probably AK is the worst hand for me to watch the flop

Luckybvby777

Luckybvby777

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
AW
Chips
That Ace Jack SMH just does something to me when I see no flop sheesh.

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
In my case, I really hate when I have QQ and I see an A and/or a K on the flop- such a great hand preflop(3rd best hand) and such a tough spot on this kind of flops- definitely you can't win a big pot but you can still lose a few chips(similar with JJ but the things can be even worse as there's one more overcard that can come on the flop that can put you in a tough spot* A/K/Q...)

rsparente

rsparente

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Just happened with me in a tournament, I was on the other side, lol
JJ from one of the villains, me and other with AKx and the other villain with AQx, JJ got it (unfortunately for me)
JJ. A little over 50% chance of an A,K or Q on the flop. It's both tricky to navigate and disheartening when one of those cards does come. It's especially bad if there was a lot of action pre-flop, and you think your opponent has a narrow range of premium hands, or if you're something like 4-way having raised from early position and got 3 callers.

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
JJ-KK I think. When there's a higher card on the flop

NootNoot

NootNoot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Just happened with me in a tournament, I was on the other side, lol
JJ from one of the villains, me and other with AKx and the other villain with AQx, JJ got it (unfortunately for me)

Unfortunate that you all had aces, leaving only one possible left and that two of you had kings reducing your outs there as well.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands