ahhh i stoped building because i have no clue:D help would be nice

heatfan03

heatfan03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ahhh i stoped building because i have no clue:D help would be nice

ok well First Ring Games: If you play at 25 max you will have 28 buyins. If you are comfortable go with that

Tourneys: Conservatively nothing above 14bucks.
Normal: playing 22 dollar tourneys gives you 32 buy ins

Sitngos: You can also play the 22 dollar Sitngos

ask if you want more info.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ring games I would play around the $25nl almost 30 Buy ins. SnG's I would probably play upto $20 but it all depends on your comfort zone and experience etc.

pokerace3454

pokerace3454

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok for cash games NL 10 is my highest
for sit and gos $10 or under
tourneys $10 or under

it pro bankroll for people that make a living 700/10=70 buyins
that a lot of buyins lol

i can take this as my part time job LOL

riffpoker

riffpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
700 bucks solid player?
$10-SNG
$20-MTT
$2/4-FL
$25-BUY-IN NL

That should keep you busy but comfortable through your cold spells and flush when your runnin hot.

peace

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
700 bucks solid player?
$10-SNG
$20-MTT
$2/4-FL
$25-BUY-IN NL

That should keep you busy but comfortable through your cold spells and flush when your runnin hot.

peace

2/4 Limit Holdem, really? Thats less tham 200BB's. I would have thought you need 300BB's for this. I would say he rolled for 1/2 Limit TBH.

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
700 bucks solid player?
$10-SNG
$20-MTT
$2/4-FL
$25-BUY-IN NL

peace

I'm not into br management thing even though i know what it is and how it works, maybe if i had more patience. So did you pick random numbers and throw them out there? Exactly why would u want to play higher buy in tourneys than sit n gos? Sit n gos have less people, better chance to win. Tourneys you have to outlast a lot of people, plus he will be playing really tight in order to get itm and wont be able to build a stack ( which you have to take risks to do that). so if he is doing 20$ mtt thats 35 tourneys he can play. I dont think thats a very good idea. And like he said he is used to the lower limits and not used to the 20$ style of play.

So i personally think, if you got patience to stick with br management then stick with it.I say 11$, 20$ heads up if you ever play that. i would stick to 5$ tourneys until you hit one and then use like half of the profit to play some 11$ ones, so technically it dont hurt yr bankroll. For cash tables you should probably stick to 25nl until you get more confident.
I also think sometimes you should use the profit of some of your sit n gos or cash tables and try playing like 20$ sit n go and see what it feels like. And definitely dont play 20$ tourneys unless you think you know you can make profit.

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
forgot to ask what site do you play on? if you play on full tilt, its not a bad idea to do the 8.80 or w/e buy in r those 26$ token things, I'm a little drunk right now so i dont remember everything. Also 26$ tourneys at night are very easy, most people are either drunk, falling asleep, or just waking up and not even warmed up.

pokerace3454

pokerace3454

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok i play at carbon poker.com those heads up it crap shoot hands next level LOL i play sit and go single tables and cash games only. heads up i tilted there suck out

player7000

player7000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
O.K. stupid question. When you say 25nl cash game,is the 25 your buy-in? And is that 1$/2$ or what? Confused about how much tu buy-in for! Do you always buy-in for the max or what? O.K. stupid question'S.:eek:

SubT33

SubT33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
O.K. stupid question. When you say 25nl cash game,is the 25 your buy-in? And is that 1$/2$ or what? Confused about how much tu buy-in for! Do you always buy-in for the max or what? O.K. stupid question'S.:eek:

We're kind of hijacking this thread but let me try and field some of these questions really quick. When someone says 25nl it is referring to a .10/.25 nl ring game. The 25 is the max buy in (100 BB). So you would refer to a .05/.10 nl ring game as $10nl. And yes you want to buy in for the max, so you can get paid when you hit a good hand.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

The max buy-in is usually about 100*the big blind, at least for nl. So the max buy-in for $1/$2 is usually $200. Max buy-in for $0.05/$0.10 is $10, etc.

25nl means nl where the max buy-in is $25. This would be $0.10/$0.25, regardless of how much you actually buy in for.

player7000

player7000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So if I want to play .05c/.10c,which calls for a $10 buy-in,what kind of bankroll do I need? I mean,how many buy-ins should I be bankrolled for? Last question!!

AZE

AZE

DC Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a BR ~$200 right now, does anyone think that the $5 SnGs are over my bankrolls head?

I started with $30 like 5 days ago with the $5's and have been doing well, 6-tabling and showing a small profit every day even though I've been running pretty bad lately

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a BR ~$200 right now, does anyone think that the $5 SnGs are over my bankrolls head?

I started with $30 like 5 days ago with the $5's and have been doing well, 6-tabling and showing a small profit every day even though I've been running pretty bad lately

You have 40 BI's at this level. That's more that enough at this level. Though the more you multi table the bigger your roll should be!

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lessee...

700 @ 5% for SNGs and ring games - up to $35 buyin

700 @ 2% for MTTs -- up to $14 buyin.

Fergison's bankroll management system -- I use it.

(Except late one night recently when I went to 10 20 heads up and got devastated for a quarter of my roll. Never again!!!)

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

No you can go to $10, according to Jesus.

You're very lucky to have got this far with 30 bucks, keep to bankroll management or u will lose it.

GL:

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No you can go to $10, according to Jesus.

You're very lucky to have got this far with 30 bucks, keep to bankroll management or u will lose it.

GL:

But he's 6 tabling, therefore he would have 30% of his BR in play if he played the $10. The more tables you play, you need a larger BR imo!