what are some silly mistakes you've made at poker table?

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was playing in the inter-tops sat free-roll today and was playing two other tournaments at same time. When I multi-table more than 2 I have to have colored deck because when tile 3 or more all i can see is a number and a color, cant make out the shape of the suit. Don't play there very often at all so I didn't have this set up. It was like 3rd hand of game or i might have noticed before a deadly mistake was made, flop i have A6h 2 hearts n a club flop, someone bets small so i call looking for flush, boom another heart opponent pushes no boat or straight flush possible so i call. opponent has k3h. whew i win! but chips slide to him..I'm like WTF! Open hand re player to see what mistake this computer program obviously made b/c i know my hand beat his...my 6 was a d,his 3 was a d n one of the flop cards was a d not a h. I had nothing n he won with pr K's. So i called all in with A hi. Felt so stupid and cant imagine what other players thought. If you have any really silly mistakes you would like to share please post. Have a good everything! View attachment 247663

Last edited:
Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If for multitabling, I played bounty $3.30 and at the same time Cache it's 33 on the bounty, I looked I did fold, and there the man was present with 600 chips, it was the beginning of the tournament I say 4900 and another poshol he, too, there are 4600 so on the flop 33 wipolo, I think it's a mistake, I could knock out 600 and 4600 2 bounty and become a component. But I was distracted by the cache and neither there did not win and not there. I mean, I would play one table I would definitely saw that guy at 600 chips and I have Zakolebal with 33 all in, and so I dropped thinking that he had 5000. I think you have to watch and play at the same table, fully focusing on one table, then it will be interesting, because it is better to sit down once a month on Saturday $22 than to roll each day at $1.10 and $3.30. Roll one table and one game and you will not miss something important. Just need to make sure to play every Saturday or Sunday, other days not to come to the poker, then your mistakes minimizingthe to almost 0. You will be full of energy and good

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
using the preaction buttons. i have many times went to call a small bet of say 100 and as i hit the button someone goes all in an now im calling the all in when i would have folded. I try and wait my turn but to often just hit those damn buttons.

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing while tired and just make stupid risky bets.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
using the preaction buttons. i have many times went to call a small bet of say 100 and as i hit the button someone goes all in an now im calling the all in when i would have folded. I try and wait my turn but to often just hit those damn buttons.
I did the same a few times myself, like you now i wait till my clock ticks few times before pushing.:bike:

W

west28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fold the winning hand after making big bets and going all in to mistakenly fold my hand loosing all the chips in a long tournament. I als i fold o once playing live I muck try to show my hand and one of the cards drop from the table which is consider a dead hand. the other mistake was I fold after making a big bet an thought everyone fold and grab back my cards before dealer muck them which they almost kill my hand.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me sometimes it,s just too hard to keep patience, so in past i made lots of stupid mistakes. I think the most stupid mistake was, when i missclicked and made a call and loose all my chips in the tournament.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
No one is immune to mistakes. But any mistakes are also the experience gained. Thanks to the experience, you can regularly improve your game. I play poker for about one year, so usually, at the same time, I play no more than two tables.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
It is obvious that poker is a game that can not be played without errors. But I usually try to analyze my game and my decisions to avoid mistakes in the future. I believe that self-examination is the best way to improve skills.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think It was the first or the second time I was playing live poker, a short stacked went all in for 3 or 4 bb and I folded in the big blind.

One player went bananas. "How can you fold?"

J

Jai_R

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, a few times I was moving to select the call button, just as the person before me raised 4x the initial bet. So with the timing, I accidentally called the higher bet I would not have called normally. Hahaha Took me out the game.

G

Gambit123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday I thought I had the nuts.
Didn't realize a flush made it too on board. I lost more money than needed 25nl whole stack. Went to bed after that

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Several misclicks, but biggest miss was betting a nut flush to the river and then realizing I had a Spade and Club in my hand (not 2 clubs).

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My biggest constant mistake is lack of restraint. I want to quickly and immediately win.

B

Bob357

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Biggest Mistakes

My biggest mistakes tend to be when I have a very strong hand and don't consider the opponents' ranges and betting. That's when I get slammed, often for my whole stack. But I'm learning.

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, something similar happened to me, once I got AA and inadvertently I did not go because I was playing several tables on a cell phone, on another occasion, accidentally press the previous action buttons and even with 23 of, I also made a mistake by not paying attention. At the tables I put everything thinking that I had a ladder.

dzemer

dzemer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive made many mistake with preaction buttons, i wanted to click check/fold but someone raise and i call it. Im trying not to use this options. Many mistakes im making when im playing few tables, usually its a mtt, s&g and spin&go. Now im playing only one table at the same time, i need to be focused.