What qualities should a profitable poker player have?

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Create a profile of a profitable player, and what characteristics this player should have. What would an ideal player be like for you?

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There are no perfect players, just like there are no perfect people. In my opinion, a professional player is above all a patient player, disciplined and skillful. These are the three main components that, in my opinion, belong to every professional.

hjuosh

hjuosh

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Create a profile of a profitable player, and what characteristics this player should have. What would an ideal player be like for you?
For me I think in just 3 qualities. I'll try to explain.
1.- Mental health. First of all. You need to know where you'll enter. The poker is very hard on mental.
2- Hard Study as a part of the game. Always, every time. Every game.
3- bankroll. A good financial strategy, gets you deep on the game. Like I hear to say to Phil Ivey.
-If you want to take the poker seriously. You'll need to invest money.

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The real player has to be cool and patient.
It's true, I see many players going all in at the beginning of the tournament and being eliminated, tournaments are marathons so patience is essential.

Flower2211

Flower2211

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He must have a very strong psyche and at the same time know the mathematics of the game well, I think these are the two main qualities.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
He must have knowledge and analytical thinking, Patience, Confidence and smart bankroll management.

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe that a player must have a balance, know the right moment to be aggressive and to play few hands, impulsiveness is prohibited for a good poker player, and patience is a virtue within the game, having some of these qualities along with its own style of play I believe that a player can be more successful than the vast majority, but it will be impossible to always win.

N

nazarkrasnuk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
An ideal and profitable poker player possesses a combination of skills, traits, and behaviors that contribute to their success.

tony2521

tony2521

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
The main quality should be patience, being observant, knowing how to calculate probabilities, controlling your emotions and using all the knowledge acquired through studies.

Stanley Aguiar

Stanley Aguiar

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
A profitable poker player should possess a combination of strategic thinking, emotional control, adaptability, and patience. An ideal player would be skilled in reading opponents, making calculated decisions, and managing risk effectively. Additionally, maintaining discipline and a strong work ethic to continuously improve one's game is crucial for long-term success in poker:)

pep12343

pep12343

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello, I think that the qualities that characterize a good poker player are
patience: it is often necessary to tolerate different situations (bad players, bad streak, etc.)
concentration: if you don't focus on the game you lose
Reading: both about the game and its rivals
control: especially your banking, It's very important not to be impulsive with your account balance
aspiration: if you settle for little, that's what you'll receive
Be brave: if you don't have the courage to bluff when necessary, you'll never get the advantage you need in tournaments

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
A successful poker player constantly works on his game and a poker player always knows where his skill advantage lies.