Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Patience is a key skill of a successful player.
I believe that patience makes players professionals.

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi all , very good question , there are some players on here who can give great insight into that as I feel they're almost pro themselves, from my limited experience I'd say
1.range vs range vs position - what range your rivals have from respective positions + how they play from these positions + how they play in general , this is of course just general as rivals can have any cards from any position. also have to factor in how they play against you and your position etc ... stack depths , state of the game... history of the hands so far etc and how they were played ...
there's a chance there are differences between online vs live pro as well ....
I'm sure others can add much better info :) , see you at the tables

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Patience is one of the virtues, observation, respect and knowing when to bluff

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience is vital to being successful.

Want proof? Enter the freerolls, and watch how many people drop out in the first couple of hands.

I've found that this is also the case in low buy-ins. It's not until the $10+ buy-ins that you see any structured play.

Other very important things to do, is take notes during play, and read really good poker books, of which there are many,

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
hi all , very good question , there are some players on here who can give great insight into that as I feel they're almost pro themselves, from my limited experience I'd say
1.range vs range vs position - what range your rivals have from respective positions + how they play from these positions + how they play in general , this is of course just general as rivals can have any cards from any position. also have to factor in how they play against you and your position etc ... stack depths , state of the game... history of the hands so far etc and how they were played ...
there's a chance there are differences between online vs live pro as well ....
I'm sure others can add much better info :) , see you at the tables
Does no one know about that?

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Apparently, professionals are players who are confident in their own skills and clearly understand their potential. Poker for a professional is a business that brings him profit, so a professional is always completely focused on the game and improving their skills.

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is one of the virtues, observation, respect and knowing when to bluff
Yes, I agree very much with you. It blows me away on the first round of an SNG when someone goes all in and everybody folds. My first thought is gosh, that player must have wanted those 30 chips awful bad. Observing such a player leads me to believe he is going to be very aggressive, which also means he's going to bluff a lot with outrages raises because he believes he can get away with it. They usually don't, because they lack patience, but occasionally they do have a run of luck. I respect him far less than I do a tight solid player, which is what I try to be at the beginning of a game. Once everyone thinks you are a tight player, it usually sticks. Best time to bluff is when you are chip leader to keep the pressure on the other players who don't want to drop their stacks in relation to each other. Second best time is when you are short stacked or when you think someone else is trying to bluff you to steal your blind. Both are all in occasions, sometimes regardless of the cards you hold in your hand.

G

GoodMoon90

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably the theory of probability, with the right decisions in poker, sooner or later you can reach a stable plus or win a tournament

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are many poker pros who are broke, so some of them know even less than us :)

D

Danieleli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i believe we can find the big difference on attitude. professional poker players spend a lot of time not just playing but also reviewing, taking classes, analyzing,
i really think is not just a matter of knowledge as poker is always evolving. Generally speaking and to choose one thing to say i believe that the most important thing is not being result oriented and keep the mind oin the long run

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I don't know if it is so much what they know more than us but the most they can achieve. For example, as they mentioned above, patience, temperance, carrying out techniques and tactics without going out of line and managing their emotions better than us. Then much more practice and continuity in the game.

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They know how to play better than us. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Other than that, I believe that the main factor is mind prepared for the nature of the game.