what has poker done for me

trekmaster

trekmaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker has made me a defensive computer junkie who arguees with his wife about how much time I spend on the computer.lol

feffy

feffy

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recently treated a serious poker even with ridicule, misunderstanding how people can play it on a huge amount of money, I thought they were stupid, but now after I experienced the intricacies of poker I confidently say that poker is an intellectual game, and with a serious attitude it is possible to achieve gold tops and popularity!

J

junegirl81

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While I was registering here I thought if I even don't became really good poker player I'll improve my English skills. So this thread says me that's feasible :)

nitulbhatia

nitulbhatia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Joined CC 5 years ago, I think the same period I started playing online.
What has poker done for me ?
My bank account is about the same. But recently I was reading my old posts in the forum and I noticed something scary, about my level of english :D
So proudly I can say that thru poker I have learned the english language much easier than i did in school !

Bank balance being about the same after 5 years of poker... but you have learnt english, that is a positive.

SofaKingCrazy

SofaKingCrazy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a truly international game and brings lots of different nationalities together. I have made many friends from all over the world playing poker friends I would never had made if I did not play poker.

THIS+1000!!!

I too have made many personal friends from around the globe from poker. I find it interesting to learn the different views and experiences as well as things we all have in common.