What to play with a small bankroll

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got pounded pretty bad at a couple of sites last month and am down to around $20-$25.00 at each. (Full Tilt and Cake) What games should I play to build up. Should I play money games or try freerolls to build back up. I had about $80.00 at each and was playing .05/.10 NL rings with $10.00 stacks but have taken a pretty good hit at these tables.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well 80$ imo is way to low to be playing 10NL and since ftp doesnt have any smaller ring games i whould stay away from them until u get to about 200$.
With 25$ there is not much u can play to try to build up expet 1$sng(obvs. all freerolls are bonus),my advice whould be just grinding them out untill u get to 100$ and then move to 2-3$ sng.
Btw i have no idea what kind of games Cake offers so my addvice just applys to fulltilt

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well 80$ imo is way to low to be playing 10NL and since Full Tilt Poker doesnt have any smaller ring games i whould stay away from them until u get to about 200$.
With 25$ there is not much u can play to try to build up expet 1$sng(obvs. all freerolls are bonus),my advice whould be just grinding them out untill u get to 100$ and then move to 2-3$ sng.
Btw i have no idea what kind of games Cake offers so my addvice just applys to fulltilt

Yea I think that sounds about right. Cake has $4.00 max as its lowest NL ring (.02/.04 blinds) then goes to 10NL

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my experience at Full Tilt, the $1.25 single-table turbo is your best friend.

Yes, the rake is high, but they're populated almost exclusively by awful players and they're pretty easy to beat. There's loads of loose-passive players that you can value bet to death with your good hands, a few rocks whose blinds you can steal with impunity and way way too many players that will only play fit-or-fold after the flop.

A lot of people seem to be happy with just coming in third too, so often you're good for at least second place if you make it past the bubble. And there are very few players who are skilled at heads up play - most will be either hyper-aggressive, in which case you just need to wait for a decent hand to trap them with, or way too passive, in which case you can steal plenty of pots off them.

The biggest challenge is negotiating the blinds, which can get pretty high towards the end of the game. Mostly it's about picking your spots for a pre-flop shove, though everyone is under the same pressure so sometimes it's possible just to ride them out.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management