What I've learned

player7000

player7000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is mostly for the newbies here.For the rest it will be a boring"duh" post. I have recently been playing rng games. I have about $150 br and play the 2c/5c tables.I know I am not properly br'd for this level,but I am having success and I am more comfortable playing there. First this may only work at micro-level tables,I don't know!
I have been picking tables with low percentage of players seeing the flop and with a low pot value! This helps me in getting control of the table quicker!
When I get there I watch the other players,which means I fold a lot.There is always 1 or 2 players that are controlling the table.These are the ones I go after! I wait for a great hand and then bust them on it.Usually after 2 or 3 of these hands they leave me alone when I come into a pot!
After I have established this"don't mess with me attitude", when I come into a pot I always raise! Pre-flop this means that most everybody will fold! I pck up a lot of blinds this way. It helps to have a decent hand though in case you get called! The best part is that if you read the table correctly you can come in with any 2 cards! If the strong players fold pre-flop. This can make for some profitable sessions!
But beware,what makes you can also break you! I went on a good run nettint me about $15 when I got busted a couple of times! You lose your cred really fast! I was soon being called by everyone and hemmoraging chips fast. The best thing to do when this happens is to lay low and wait for supreme hands to play again!
I also use to be one of those"online poker is rigged" people! Sure YOU WILL GET BAD BEATS!! But I have learned that hands come in waves. I'll be getting garbage for what seems forever and then all of a sudden I'll get good starting hands! Even mediocre hands that hit the flop.So don't think that just because you're running bad that it will stay that way!!!!
Sorry!Way to long but felt the urge to share!Like I said to most of you this will be elementary knowledge! But maybe to some it may be what helps them to the next level of their game!:)