What does it all boil down to what's the real diff?

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's really a simple question, Poker=luck skill correct? or is it skill and/or luck only? I see on the tables, everyday, a bad beat take place, and everytime, It happens to me, I just wonder what did I do wrong? Was Itopassive? Was I betting to aggressivly (Not ever even considering my oppents cards)? Or did he just happen to luck out? All are questions which run in my mind on a constant basises (when at the tables, and after a bad beat). The bottom line is if, I lose the hand due to a suckout/bad beat, W/E, is it not my fault? I'm being honest here, I understand some hands, are just really unfortunate, because you and the other player play allin preflop, and if he happens to hit his 2 outter, he happend to suckout/bad beat you (So these are exceptions that i'm not talking about). What I am talking about is, ever see a person just bet, bet, bet, and allin on the river, When you might have a set, but that river card, not only does it bring about the flush, card, it also, brings about the straight completor card, Now who's at fault if you call and lose? Is it your fault that you couldn't shake this person of with you betting hard into him on every street? No, it can't be correct? Is it his fault for betting into you on every street and you reeling him in like the "Fish" he/she maybe? No it can't be correct? so who's at fault here? Really, I can't decide on this part, but What I can say is, as a poker player, ppl face difficult decisions everyday, some days your right on the money other days, not so much, but my point is the pro's can do this correct,? Alot of online players at 1/2 and up can do these tuff laydowns, so why can't the lower end of us do the same thing? I'm not speaking for any person in general (except for myself), but I know one thing for a fact the pro's aren't any different then you and I, except they've won alot of titles, and money, other then that there just as human as the rest of us, so what's the real difference?

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry mate its early here and my eyes cannot decypher all you post yet but I feel I get the gist.

Are you a winning player in the long term? Is that luck?

Have you ever seen a massive chip leader at a table looked his stats up and he is a major losing player? Have you then seen him donk all those chips away? Is that bad luck or lack of knowledge/skill.

Before I joined CardsChat I never knew the concepts of playing positon or what the terms Roi, M , Ev etc where. To be honest alot of the stuff here still goes over my head but what I have learnt here has changed me from a player who sometimes got lucky and won to a player who genrally wins and some times gets lucky in the course of a game. Hope you understand my point.

I guess im saying the difference is most people just play thier hand, others play position, their read on the table and their cards and usally they are "luckier" than the rest.