What does Alex Foxen means by the word horse?

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
He is referring to players that the villain has payed either all or part of their entry & therefor has a financial interest in their doing well.

scottychase

scottychase

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He is referring to players that the villain has payed either all or part of their entry & therefor has a financial interest in their doing well.
Thanks Kenzie! You know I thought I knew everything about the game but it seems like I'm starting to learn something new everyday.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In poker a "horse" is a professional player, who is being backed by another more vealthy professional player. If the same backer have many "horses", its referred to as a "stable", and the "horses" might be expected to help each other study and improve. Obviously the system create the potential for collusion especially in tournaments, which for instance Doug Polk have talked about years ago.

scottychase

scottychase

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In poker a "horse" is a professional player, who is being backed by another more vealthy professional player. If the same backer have many "horses", its referred to as a "stable", and the "horses" might be expected to help each other study and improve. Obviously the system create the potential for collusion especially in tournaments, which for instance Doug Polk have talked about years ago.

Very interesting with the fact that Foxen called out someone for cheating the other day.