What do you think of this laydown by Hellmuth?

A

AlonzoAce

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it was a good but not a great laydown, was nothing special i think

E

engman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was a good laydown, but I think he didn't play the hand well. on the flop, he kinda told the player what his hand was, by saying "You got jacks don't ya?"

salim271

salim271

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil had a hand worth pushing with, and I would have pushed with it, so, I feel it was Phil's fault that Roland drew out, and was allowed to take control of the betting and keep Phil from raising, claiming his free cards as he went.

I dont think you should ever be pushing with just a pair. Phil is an extremely careful player, he doesn't like getting in on anything less than close to the nuts. Its extremely tight play but it seems to work for him most of the time.

dwolfg

dwolfg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil talks about a laydown atthe 2002 5k nlhe hall of fame championship in read em and reap. at 50/100 phil limps in utg with k8 of hearts howard lederer followed with the limp as well as several others. flop is kd 8d 3h. Phil bets 400. Howard calls and a player behind pushed for 775 total. Phil calls. Howard then asks if he can reraise and is told yes he can. Howard then pushes for 7300. After awhile Phil folds face up. Another player then mocks him for his laydown, immediately after that howard flips over his pocket 33 for the set.

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would side in Phil's defense. Who would argue with his success. I can't see why he would play that in that situation.

C

camptain

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was thinking a set of nines on the flop. Sometimes a big bet with a set translates to chips. Sometimes its best to check. The book says flop a set and bet.

FlopIt2Me

FlopIt2Me

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually chatted w/ Phil on Facebook earlier today, but forgot to ask him about this hand. I just posted this hand on his FB wall. Let's see if he responds. I'll post his response if he does. :)