What Do You Think About Players Who Are Speaking Bad Words?

firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to remain true to my values and not let it affect me. Sometimes this can be a bit of a challenge.

1putnik

1putnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The bad words of your opponents at the table only talk about the weakness of such players, so if you choose the words of abuse in the chat, this indicates that you are ahead, do not succumb to this provocation and use it, often this behavior of the opponent is the first sign of Tilt.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that such uneducated people are not cultural and miserable, prefer. not to pay attention.

P

peterpam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually ignore them. After some time if no one talks back to them they stop. I noticed that if people respond to them they get even more vulgar. So ignore them and enjoy your game.

F

FARMMARK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess I am a little different. I feel that I have a thick skin and don't let the other players chat bother me. I may throw barbs back at them. But I never use profanity.

Best way to deal with them in my opinion is to beat them and knock them out of the tournament.

SAVag

SAVag

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate when in my address someone begins to pour out curses. Sometimes it can touch so strongly me that I will kill the opponent with perfect obscene language in reply until he doesn't realize that he was mistaken in the statements. Can do it and it isn't correct, but occurs quite so. And especially if statements contain insults to my nationality or the country. But however during abuse I don't fall in tilt and completely I control a game.

U

UberPokerFan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad words don't bother me unless they are part of a continual criticism of a player because of the way they play. I know some people like to prove to the table how superior they are but it is counterproductive to criticize someone's play. All they are doing is teaching the bad player how to play better and that's never a good idea.

If it happens, I try to get the offender to shut up but that's usually a waste of time. After the poor player leaves, I then politely point out to the offender how stupid he/she is. If they continue to try and be abusive to me, they will quickly find out I can give it back just as good. If it gets too annoying, I leave the table.

Last edited:
Doblador bus

Doblador bus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it very rude that is why I block the chat when I play online

S

subsinind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For all that matters, this is gambling and it isn't a gentleman's game/sport.

If words can get into your head, you are playing the wrong game.

In live poker, you are gonna see all the characters from Jerry Springer to Ted Bundy. Do you wanna become a victim or be smart?

bizarez

bizarez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that the use of bad words by players is unacceptable. This shows that the player is not able to show anything in the game and can only swear

M

Morariu Andrei

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If someone is intentionally disrespecting you at the table you should ignore him but if things escalade over a certain line you should tell the dealer to call the floorman. Nobody should be abused at the table.

There are alot of players out there that try to tilt you or get reads out of you by talking shit or trying to provoke some sort of reaction from you.You should just ignore them or if you are a good talker maybe try to make them make a mistake or induce tilt.

Overall talking bad words at the table is bad etiquette. If someone verbally abuses you call the floorman and the person in question will probably get a penalty or at least stop.

chisel

chisel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just ignore them. In my opinion there is no need to bother about them.

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
According to me they must be [emoji357] ☝️we have to take care of their psychologic sides[emoji106]

I do think >50% of players who do this kind of thing on mid-stakes (online in my eyes that's .5/1 to 4/8) are LAG.

In the end, as long as they aren't cursing in sputnik I don't have any qualms with it. Usually, if their language is uber racist and vulgar I will mute them and make a note that they were using dirty words :D

E

edcwy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early in my live career, a player continually denigrated and threatened another player. Law enforcement was called. The offending player was summarily expelled from the league and the venue.

As I was relatively new to the game, that exhibition gave me pause to whether or not I would want to hang out with rude and offending people.

At the time, my sample size was quite small, maybe 30 players. As we know, this is a game where probability plays a significant role. If 1 in 30 acts like that, it's not a big leap to think that there exist more rude and offending players at the table than in other social areas of society.

I think we have a duty to self govern: absolutely not tolerate bigoted misogynist, threatening language or behavior.

If a player can't stay in bounds - they need ought to be strongly encouraged by the others to behave or leave. Period.

To not do so invalidates the game in the public's eye. We are patrons in a community. If the game wants to be taken seriously in society we have a duty to take ownership and demand compliance of players that would disrespect other human beings with poor language or other behavior, even if not directed to anther player.

J

Just_a_Tom

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always try to be a good sport. And the times I do get upset I would get angry at the situation, not the player. I got eliminated from a sit&go earlier tonight because someone called my all in on the turn with pair Queens and a flush draw. He paired his queen on the turn, called me, then hit another queen on the river. I would have felt way less angry if he hit the flush. Surprised I didn't smash my phone. One has to understand why people do the things they do. He felt like gambling because he had lots of outs. Pissed at the situation, not the player. On another note, I hate online poker! Suck out central.

ubo

ubo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes players are different.
And in poker play all for different reasons.
I think that they just do not care (95% accurate) for the money, and they play it simple luck ...

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I notice that my opponent is trying to provoke a rash move with his bad words.

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some people definitely are willing to go one step further just to offend others, as you can see, a picture tells way more that thousands words, this one actually send me a friend request just to send me an abusive message

Attachments

• mnjk.jpg
    mnjk.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 12
Kevin Stark

Kevin Stark

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad words are unacceptable. They prevent to enjoy the game.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It's an emotional game and it's allowed to play +18 !!!! If a person simply says bad words and at the same time does not specifically insult anyone to me vseravno !!

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try not to pay attention to such people. I feel sorry for them, they show the weakness and tactlessness. sometimes I mark such players, knowing that I can still will meet them - I don't want to correspond in a chat with them later.

K

killroy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if a player does he is usually on tilt. i will take advantage of this if i can.

RidersFan

RidersFan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I couldn't give a shit if people swear at the table if I tried to.