What do you before a tournament?

DogzBestFrnd

DogzBestFrnd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Get the coffee brewing. Take the dogz for a walk. Make sure I got some smokes. And just before the tour sits, I click the cashier tab and think, wow Im broke, maybe I should try to hit the money one of these days.

Philo Betto420

Philo Betto420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The waiting is the hardest part...

I try to set a alarm on cell for call time... Some times this works some times not... Get the kids 4 or 5 things to keep them busy... Send the wife next door... Think to my self "Self dont DONK OUT" Turn up the tunes... Roast one... Im ready... :cool:

JaBone30

JaBone30

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I Always put the TV on ESPN. Close the doors, check the smokes, what do I have to drink, check. Ok I'm ready to go. First and foremost open my browser to CC, my new addiction, so I can read some of the best threads on the net when hands get slow. Then bring up the tourneys and pray I get the cards and the plays to be there at the end.

aLoser4evR

aLoser4evR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I drive home from work...grab some food quick on the way, run in the house take care of the cat, otherwise he'll run over the laptop always folding good hand, then sit back and relax.

justinx

justinx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to prepare myself to the conditions,think positive and do not play like donk :)
and I take a glass of cold water..

G

Gribbley

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually open up a couple stat checking webpages and get prepared to look up whatever information I can get on the rest of my table once the tournament starts.

P

PDMike425

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
i sit back and relax, listen to music and periodically use the "facilities"

Nickmond

Nickmond

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I generally use the john, maybe have a drink(just one, and not during play).

A

akaCLINT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
go outside 4 a smoke, pee, get some drink, some snacks...
go back outside and check to see the donkey is locked in the stable in order to prevent it from attacking me...

BuggyX

BuggyX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I take care that coffee is ready and get some snacks..tournaments can take ages dont want to starve while playing

woody19

woody19

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i usaly make sure everything is all sorted out and make sure ive got food and drink next to me hehe then if i have time left i usaly warm up with a low budget table or sometimes play money just to get myself started

TheUndertaker

TheUndertaker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I make sure and eat, have something to drink, make sure I do all my work before I sit down so no one can bother me, put on some music,sit back and relax for a while clear my head of everything else then I get into it.

P

phemalephenom

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I drink 2 energy ddrinks either redbull or rockstar nad then go pee

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it, but I usually come over to ye ol faithful, CC , take a gander around. If there are a few posts that seem interesting I get out the bifocals and start readin' me some posts and quite possibly make a reply. ;) I probably should't but I sometimes come over while playing also, attempting to distract myself from online poker boredom.

Snowmobiler

Snowmobiler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to take my dogs for about a half hour walk in the woods and think about the coming tourney my list of past mistakes that i am going to avoid today.When I return I get a cold drink ready,use the facilitys and make sure that anything that needs done in the next several hours is complete so I can fully concentrate on my game.

TheseNutsWin

TheseNutsWin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
eat some food, have a bottle of tequila and smoke some medical marijuana... and i`m ready for a tourney..

N

nobunaga808

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A glass of single malt always does the trick for me

UnknownFlush

UnknownFlush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm playing games in computer and in the evening I played Poker from evening to night.
I'm also getting something to eat while playing and taking something to drink :)

M

mbranham

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
think about the bad times!

I always think about busting out in the first two minutes
about every crappy call or bluff i made in recent memory.
it keeps me from playing draws and pushing all in on low pocket
pairs. in general i just try to outlast the donks. after they bust
out playing poker gets much easier...:eek:

E

ecoutee72

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before playing in a tourney I will make sure I have enough to drink and eat by my side. Make sure my door is shut so noone will bother me. Open up my sports page to have some reading material. And I am ready to go.

H

herlis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
like many others i try to do whatever it is that should be done , so while playing there willbe no hassles.when playing and you get disturb actually it doesnt do aything to your game , its just like talking or chatting the only thing is when they disturb you just in the same time you lose and then you'll have a reason to say that its their fault .....LOL

CostyBigRoyal09

CostyBigRoyal09

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well before I start a tournament I play fifa .... eat ... go to the toilet .... watch Tv .... listen to music and wrote the messenger ... and drinking juice .... I try to focus as best house win that tournament:D