R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you're "nuts" on the flop in poker, it means that you have an extremely strong hand that is unlikely to be beaten by any other hand at that point in the game. This is a great position to be in, and you should take steps to maximize your winnings.

Here are some tips on what to do if you find yourself in this position:

1. Slow play: If you have a very strong hand, such as a straight, flush, or full house, you may want to slow play and try to trap your opponents. This means that you should not bet aggressively, but instead, let your opponents bet into you. This will increase the pot size and potentially earn you more chips in the long run.
  2. Build the pot: If you have a strong hand, you should try to build the pot by betting aggressively. This will encourage your opponents to call or raise, which will increase the size of the pot. Be careful not to scare your opponents off, however, as you want to keep them in the hand to maximize your potential winnings.
  3. Avoid scare cards: If there are any cards on the turn or river that could potentially improve your opponents' hands, you should be cautious and consider slowing down your betting. For example, if you have a flush and the board pairs on the turn or river, this could give your opponents a full house. In this case, you may want to check and call rather than betting aggressively.
  4. Pay attention to your opponents: If you have a strong hand, you should pay attention to your opponents' behavior and try to read their hands. Look for signs of strength or weakness, such as hesitation or aggression, and use this information to make your betting decisions.
In summary, if you're "nuts" on the flop, take advantage of your strong position by either slow playing to trap your opponents or betting aggressively to build the pot. Be mindful of potential scare cards and pay attention to your opponents' behavior to make informed betting decisions.

Sullivanryn88

Sullivanryn88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
i feel like that question could be answered a lot of different ways. all depending on pre flop betting/bettors? also positions of whos left post flop, also yourself also is it cash table? or tournament?

it varies for me, sometimes i limp or half pot maybe with a few people in. sometime time or ranking in a tourney will dictate my play, cash games after ive noted alot of the people if not all of them at my table. i use them and pay attention to their future actions, as to if they repeat how they are noted, or if there just out in the ocean flailing each move.

hipe this is welcomed, i sat down to get on here and say hi, maybe contribute if this is but man did the fever smack my ass just now, yoiu should see the sweat on my forearms, hands, head all over myself within the last 5 minutes.

take care everyone, if its hot where you are....drink water, and stay safe no matter where. good luck at the felt, may the gods be in this communities favor

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Hope there is a maniac or LAG betting and building the pot for you.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Watch out for the nuts that run into the bigger nuts on later streets.

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on who you face, there are some crazy people who like to risk everything without having anything

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
all depends who you're up against and how many people you're up against, stage of the game i.e tournament, and the strength of the nuts

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
depends on situation, but always try to extract the max value u can

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
if you have the nuts on the flop you should for sure check and let the action came to you

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All of those things, and different ones each time it happens. The great thing about Poker is that you can never be sure what the right thing to do it. But, doing something different each time means you will be difficult to play against.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Passive poker management, when there is a desire to bring more players into the game, and try to win more money from them.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Extracting the most EV from flopping the nuts is the best quandary a poker player can have, imo. It's really going to depend on a few things; for instance, your stack size compared to other players in the hand, your position, and whether it's in a trny or a ring-game.
If you're short-stacked you might get the action desired compared to having a big stack and only getting a small stack to shove on you.
If you're in early position, you might want to check to see if other players come into the hand as opposed to playing in late position where you get to pick off bettors.
If you're in a tournament the blind size may be a factor as well as upcoming breaks and action clocks, other smaller stack sizes looking to climb the ladder, and the payout gaps.
Also, there might be a player or two at the table that are playing in a wild and unpredictable style that may lead you to wanna bet out if in early pos.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Slowplay if you are blocking top of your opponents range. For example having a Top set on rainbow board.

However, if you make straight and unblocking opponents top pairs/two pairs and sets, then start building the pot.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Depends on the situation, you can slowplay in a multiway pot with aggressive players or be aggressive on tight situations.

W

WellAA

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Build the pot is certainly the best way to improve my stack on the long run;):ROFLMAO:

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to bet your hand, slow playing is generally bad. Slow playing can be good but it's more of an exploitative adjustment than a go to.

tony2521

tony2521

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
It depends on how the preflop betting has developed and the types of players in the hand, if an aggressive player raised then I play slow play and let him continue to be aggressive, if there is a player who is not a believer and he calls everything then I do bets that are attractive to him and pay me.

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I agree with the last post. It all depends on how the action went pre-flop. How many opponents do you have in the hand, your positioning, stack sizes. If your opponent(s) are passive or aggressive. That’s why it’s so important to pay attention long before you even get in this spot. This is the best spot to be in and now you have to figure out how to extract max value.

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It depends on many factors: the number of players in the pot and their stack sizes, playing styles

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Slow play can be a good solution, because if Villain doesn't have anything on the flop, but on the turn he gets e.g. a top pair, then you can get money out of it.
On the other hand, if you raise on the flop, you can scare your opponents away, so you won't win anything.
In such cases, it's best to trust that the Villain also gets pretty good cards, which you can use to get a lot of money out of it. I would check the flop to see if he raises, because then maybe he has something too.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you're "nuts" on the flop in poker, it means that you have an extremely strong hand that is unlikely to be beaten by any other hand at that point in the game. This is a great position to be in, and you should take steps to maximize your winnings.

Here are some tips on what to do if you find yourself in this position:

1. Slow play: If you have a very strong hand, such as a straight, flush, or full house, you may want to slow play and try to trap your opponents. This means that you should not bet aggressively, but instead, let your opponents bet into you. This will increase the pot size and potentially earn you more chips in the long run.
  2. Build the pot: If you have a strong hand, you should try to build the pot by betting aggressively. This will encourage your opponents to call or raise, which will increase the size of the pot. Be careful not to scare your opponents off, however, as you want to keep them in the hand to maximize your potential winnings.
  3. Avoid scare cards: If there are any cards on the turn or river that could potentially improve your opponents' hands, you should be cautious and consider slowing down your betting. For example, if you have a flush and the board pairs on the turn or river, this could give your opponents a full house. In this case, you may want to check and call rather than betting aggressively.
  4. Pay attention to your opponents: If you have a strong hand, you should pay attention to your opponents' behavior and try to read their hands. Look for signs of strength or weakness, such as hesitation or aggression, and use this information to make your betting decisions.
In summary, if you're "nuts" on the flop, take advantage of your strong position by either slow playing to trap your opponents or betting aggressively to build the pot. Be mindful of potential scare cards and pay attention to your opponents' behavior to make informed betting decisions.
Not always having the nuts on the flop means that the hand is dominated.

To extract any chip you need to know who you're playing against, if you don't know, you can stop winning chips or simply go from check check to showdown.

It's no use having the strongest hand if you don't know who you're playing against and how to extract chips.