what to do

pugsley37

pugsley37

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok why are the railbirds taking over our tourneys. i missed the tourney today because of a late night and sleeping in. but last week i noticed that at my table thee were 3 players that were from that site and i dont think they were even members of our site. so what do we do to fix the problem of our tourneys getting taken over? i posted this in another sub forum and feel i posted it in the wrong place. so any way can anyone explain to me what this other site is and how they get our passwords i love this site and wish it would stay the same without the usual takovers ive seen on other sites but what can you do right

premierplayer

premierplayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only way for this would be a mailing list of people who post daily on this site etc.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only way for this would be a mailing list of people who post daily on this site etc.
^^^^^^^
like this idea
but it might be hard for mods to do all of this and we dont want to make anyones life hard now do we

DaFrench1

DaFrench1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Incentive

I was wondering for a long time why so many people have railbirds as their avatar. I assumed they were youngsters who maybe like to feel and show that they are part of some club/group/whatever.

It was only very recently that I found out the reason. Basically, they run a promotion where if you use their avatar on Stars then they will double any payouts that you get in their tournaments (i.e. $20 cash becomes a $40 cash if you have the avatar), as they are running them daily then it makes a decent incentive for anyone not bothered about what their avatar is. Effectively players are kind of punting their avatar as advertising space. I thought it was quite innovative, I was even tempted for a split second as I play a lot of their games and cash frequently. But its gonna take more than that to get me to take down the flag!! (well, a flat fee at least :D).

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was wondering for a long time why so many people have railbirds as their avatar. I assumed they were youngsters who maybe like to feel and show that they are part of some club/group/whatever.

It was only very recently that I found out the reason. Basically, they run a promotion where if you use their avatar on Stars then they will double any payouts that you get in their tournaments (i.e. $20 cash becomes a $40 cash if you have the avatar), as they are running them daily then it makes a decent incentive for anyone not bothered about what their avatar is. Effectively players are kind of punting their avatar as advertising space. I thought it was quite innovative, I was even tempted for a split second as I play a lot of their games and cash frequently. But its gonna take more than that to get me to take down the flag!! (well, a flat fee at least :D).
so that explains it
maybe i should change my avatar.........................

just kidding
i have never played in any private tourny other than cardschat

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many people here despise the "railturds".

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

^^this. While I'm sure their site has many fine members, including some who are also members here, the overall perception of the railtirds is that they're a bunch of FRWs.

DaFrench1

DaFrench1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so that explains it
maybe i should change my avatar.........................

just kidding
i have never played in any private tourny other than cardschat

I have noticed a trend in your recent posts that you are displaying advanced suck-up skills. I predict you shall advance onto loyaler status very shortly amongst other great things.

lol. I think/know that a lot of members here are also railturds. Whats the big deal guys? You should show loyalty to a internet poker-forum? pick one, stick with it and shun all others? sorry, but what a ridiculous notion.

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I only despise people when they are sitting in a CC sponsored event, and the bonehead two to my left starts raving about RB. I made one remark about the level of play that I observed from RB members in various tournaments (specifically OFC events) and he went off on me. There were 3 of them at my table at the time.

I don't mind folks pilaging a "rival" site's freeroll. I do it occasionally at Rounders Radio, but I don't advertise CC in the process. Besides, I love those guy's attitude and choice of music on the web radio.

What I do expect is respect from the visiting team for the home site that is sponsoring the freeroll with cold hard cash.

Hmmm... We have a "loyalers" group. How about a second tier that gets the password 8 hours prior to tournament start - "semi-loyalers"? "post-whores"? "lounge lizards"? "board hogs"? (no offense pigpen). I bet if you grepped the database for >200 posts, you would get about 300 folks in the mix.

Last edited:
S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Im one of these, although me and royal burrito did sit at a railbirds cash table and came away with a small profit each, so we are slowly bringing them down :D

J

jeffred1111

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why would we want to compete with them ? Cardschat is CC, 2+2 is 2+2 and RB is RB: both have their quirks and strengths, but I really do like CC more for the mellow atmosphere and smaller community. Sure, when I have a very difficult SHLHE hand involving polarized range, I post it @ 2+2, but it's because I'll get an answer faster, and it'll probably come from people with 2x million times the experience than I have. I'm pragmatic like that. I'll post my tourneys + NL ring game here since we have people that know this stuff well and I'm more on a discussion instead of a master/apprentice level with them than @ 2+2.

BTW, DaFrench I've never sucked up to CC before becoming a loyaler, nor did I play in many events or freerolls or had long, torrid discussions on AIM with loyalers members (I have them with Kathy Liebert's only ldo). My low post count and image attest to that.

DaFrench1

DaFrench1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BTW, DaFrench I've never sucked up to CC before becoming a loyaler, nor did I play in many events or freerolls or had long, torrid discussions on AIM with loyalers members (I have them with Kathy Liebert's only ldo). My low post count and image attest to that.

Ah, I don't even mean it. I was just being obnoxious as usual and picking a fight. But he didn't bite...:(:(

J

jeffred1111

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know, I should've added a smiley to the end: the torrid discussions + Kathy Liebert reference should've given it away but this is the Internet, where sarcasm doesn't come off too well ;)