What could I have done better????

C

CUJO3113

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I'm playing in one of the 7500 people freerolls on full tilt the other night.. Need to build the old bank roll again lol... So I'm sitting next to the big blind when I'm dealt Ace Queen of spades.. There is roughly 600 people left everyone has tightened up so I decide to attempt to steal the blinds I raise the pot the guy next to me calls (At this point he was the chip leader at the table) so I put him on Ace dirt as at this point he has seen a lot of hands so the flop comes out and its 4 5 6 rainbow not the best flop for my Ace Queen however I push all in he calls me flopping them over only to find he called me with the 7-8o... Yes I understand that if I don't push he will bet then I can fold.. Putting him on a hand like Ace dirt did I actually play this hand wrong ??.. Is there some other way I should have played this hand ?? PLEASSEEEE HELPPPPPP haha

C

Crudelis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I'm playing in one of the 7500 people freerolls on full tilt the other night.. Need to build the old bank roll again lol... So I'm sitting next to the big blind when I'm dealt Ace Queen of spades.. There is roughly 600 people left everyone has tightened up so I decide to attempt to steal the blinds I raise the pot the guy next to me calls (At this point he was the chip leader at the table) so I put him on Ace dirt as at this point he has seen a lot of hands so the flop comes out and its 4 5 6 rainbow not the best flop for my Ace Queen however I push all in he calls me flopping them over only to find he called me with the 7-8o... Yes I understand that if I don't push he will bet then I can fold.. Putting him on a hand like Ace dirt did I actually play this hand wrong ??.. Is there some other way I should have played this hand ?? PLEASSEEEE HELPPPPPP haha

lol In freerolls its pretty much a crap shoot, most of the players are just plain stupid. After the flop always assume the worst case scenario has happened.

C

CUJO3113

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol In freerolls its pretty much a crap shoot, most of the players are just plain stupid. After the flop always assume the worst case scenario has happened.

So there isn't much I could have done better then what I did ??

C

Crudelis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So there isn't much I could have done better then what I did ??

Well obviously the all-in was a bad move regardless with a flop like that. The pre-flop raise was a good move, when the flop came and you didn't make anything then you should have folded immediately.

C

CUJO3113

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was first to act tho so I should have checked then folded... But I know my all in was a bad move haha.. But then... Oh maybe I should just go back to my poker books and do some much needed reading it has been a couple of months since the last time I read them lol

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

In Freerolls especially on full tilt where the bad beats are so prevalent you have to be cautious pushing with air. If I understand the hand your on the button with :as4: :qs4: and make a standard raise and your only caller is the small blind. The flop comes :4c4: :5d4: :6h4:, villain checks and you shove with A high.

If that was the hand I would not have shoved there. You needn't risk your stack to find out where your at in the hand.

C

CUJO3113

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I know better the pushing lol.. Just really wish I had a better read on the player I know I shoulda known better.. Im huge on not going all in in fact when I help my friends whom want to learn the game on I always tell them not to put their whole chip stack in the middle... Back to my books and stop playing for a while maybe I just need to work on my game some more... It takes 5 minutes to learn and a life time to master good thing I'm only 22 haha all kinds of time to get better

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah I know better the pushing lol.. Just really wish I had a better read on the player I know I shoulda known better.. Im huge on not going all in in fact when I help my friends whom want to learn the game on I always tell them not to put their whole chip stack in the middle... Back to my books and stop playing for a while maybe I just need to work on my game some more... It takes 5 minutes to learn and a life time to master good thing I'm only 22 haha all kinds of time to get better

True dat, keep playing we all travel the same road mate.

sharkyo01

sharkyo01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well i would not shoved in that position to be honest! It's a freeroll and it's a bit of a donk feast. So your going to guess somebody has hit something!

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well i would not shoved in that position to be honest! It's a freeroll and it's a bit of a donk feast. So your going to guess somebody has hit something!

exactly, like in the shot below allantregear could have tested the waters before risking his tournament on his A9suited.

Attachments

• Picture 8.jpg
    Picture 8.jpg
    566.8 KB · Views: 8
sharkyo01

sharkyo01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very Nice hand by the way... I just do not like freerolls that much because you can be taken out by any two cards.... But it's true for all poker tho :p

DaFrench1

DaFrench1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Posted this in the hand analysis forum with the actual hand history?

^^ this.

There's too much info missing. Stack size and blinds would determine your play in this hand. The fact you didn't mention them would maybe indicate that it's something you need to be more aware of.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guy's we don't need stack sizes etc. It was just bad.

Why did you put him on ace-rag? Why that one hand? Could he have had a pocket pair?

Open shoving air on the flop is bad unless you were doing a stop-go (decididng pre-flop you're going to shove because you only have a few chips and it might work better than re-shoving), you are only gonna get called when your beat. Either continuation bet a reasonable amount or check-fold. /thread.

G

Greyshadows

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea AQ is not a hand im fully ready to commit to especially when i completely miss the board. I know its hard especially when ur on a bit of a dry spell but laying down hands is half the game to me.